Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimie02 Posts: 114, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Am I making a mistake
    So I was totally lied to and played by this guy... some of you may have read my previous posts a month or so ago. Anyway, we stoopped talking, but I've been depressed missing him because I think I love him. So I messaged him just to see how he was and he was nice back to me. I really want to at least have him as a friend, because even though he played me I still love him and he still makes me so happy. Just seeing that he messaged me made me smile for the first time in weeks. Is it a mistake to try to be his friend. I'm not going to attempt anythign more. But I want him in my life still
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 04:58 PM

So are you trying to go for twice burned?
    What if he plays along with the friend thing... tells you he wants more... then burns you again?
    Also you have to remember love is a two way street so it doesn't matter one iota if you love him or not. His not loving you back is enough to hurt if you 'at least have him as a friend' and it doesn't go anywhere.
    Ginny Finny Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Sep 5, 2009, 06:15 PM

Just take it slowly and be careful. Its your choice,
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Sep 5, 2009, 06:21 PM

I think you need to just stop contact with him for now. He hurt you once he might hurt you again. Wait until you are completely over him, until you can see him with another girl and be all right with it, then you will know if its right to be just friends with him. Maybe after you're healed you won't even want to see his face again! You never know but give it some time! :)

Sep 7, 2009, 11:11 AM

I think you are all right... however I have talked with him, after a painful month or so of not speaking. He says he wants us to be friends. And I am suddenly happier just talking to him as friends, but I am afraid that I am still going to get hurt. I feel like I have some closure knowing he doesn't hate my guts, which has actually made me feel like I'm starting to get over him. Oh I don't know what I'm even feeling or saying, if any of it makes sense...
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 7, 2009, 11:18 AM

Here's something you have to remember. You say you love him, you say you care about him. But you just want to be his friend. IMPOSSIBLE. You cannot "love" someone and "care" for them and sit by and just be there friends.

But I don't have to tell you this because I am sure you already know that there's no way you can do it. You will want more and that's where you have to sit down with yourself and be honest with yourself. Is it worth it... the hurt, the pain, the thoughts creeping in your mind after he burns you again...

It's things you have to remember and be prepared for. Here's my thought, I think that you can't be just friends with him, I think you want more and saying you'll be friends was just a way to start talking again. I think that if you think it's worth it then go for it. You will not learn from it unless you live through it.

Good Luck

Rick

Sep 7, 2009, 11:33 AM

Am I horrible? Because I know all of you are right.. and when I gave my friend that same advice, I was right and she got hurt.. but I feel like I can control myself not to let anything happen. I mean, can't I just be his friend and be there for him when he's upset, and still love him.. change that love to the kind of love you feel for a friend, not the kind you feel for that special person? Oh how I hate relationships.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 12:03 PM
    You're not horrible. You're just being stubborn again :p

Maybe you're just going to have to try it and find out, risk learning the hard way.

Have you thought about the possibility that maybe you don't live him, maybe you only want him because you can't have him though? In another post (I'm 99% sure it was you but correct me if I'm wrong) you mentioned there's plenty of other guys that you could go out with, that have asked you to go out with them repeatedly. But you're not interested in him. And now this guy comes along, seems great, but can't commit to you and lies to you repeatedly.

Sep 7, 2009, 12:09 PM

Crazy. I know and you are right... and I know I sound like a cliché saying this, but I think he has changed. He just seems like he's grown up a bit. But I guess I will have to learn the hard way

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friends making a mistake, should I stop her? [ 4 Answers ]

This sounds repetitive, however, it's not. The thing that's different is I know, I know it's a mistake and I want to help her. She wants to go somewhere for a guy she met online, and she's fallen in this I-think-I'm-in-love things before, and she got hurt. However, she thinks this one is THE one. I...

I know it's none of our business but think she's making a mistake [ 2 Answers ]

A lo ngtime friend has been divorced for the third time. She has recently been seeing a new man she met through a personal ad in the newspaper, the ads go out online as well. He tells her he was a govt. contractor in Iraq until recently. He has never held a job for more than a few months that we...

I was pressured into making a big mistake of relinquishment. [ 4 Answers ]

I had to relinquish my rights to c.p.s & they gave adoption to my my aunt & uncle.What I want to know is can I ever go back to court to get some type of visitation at all?And if I'm not able to fight this any other way, than when will my children be able to make up their own mind if they wanted to...

Am I making a mistake? [ 9 Answers ]

Perhaps I'm being childish, but this whole relationship thing has suddenly struck me as requiring entirely too much effort. All the lies, all the games... And the worst of all, the cold shoulder, out of no where and entirely uncalled for... I understand that women likely need it to ward off the...

View more questions Search