Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Having the Spirit of Christ
    Are individual that walk in the spirit concerned, and alarmed sinners, or do they through the spirit destroy deeds of sin in their body, and fulfilled the righteousness of the law?

Romans 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

So have we been told that those who are the called according to HIS purpose, are justified? Then who was Called?

And in all things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us! Then whom does He love?

We have been delivered and redeemed to be similar to the image of HIS Son? Then who can sin or be a sinner?

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore NOW no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Sep 5, 2009, 11:28 AM

Do you see a difference between having the "Spirit of Christ" in salvation, and being baptized in/with the Holy Ghost? Or do you see them as identical?
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Do you see a difference between having the "Spirit of Christ" in salvation, and being baptized in/with the Holy Ghost? Or do you see them as identical?
    I view baptism as scripture has wiritten, the flesh dead and buried with Christ. Having a good consciene toward God with the heart and mind in desire to HIS will being done. And I view so much more then the one baptism because we have One Lord, and One Faith as well.

full assurance ( Col 2:2 - Hbr 6:11 - Hbr 10:22)

I would not see them as identical..

Sep 5, 2009, 02:16 PM

Acts 2:4?
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Acts 2:4?
    Galatians 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Sep 5, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Sndbay, This is the way I see it. "Having the Spirt of Christ". We are all spirit beings,
    But we are conformed to this world and it's ways. We restore our self by pursuing
    The Lord repenting and conforming to God' Spirits. Rom. 12:1&2, "I beseech you therefor, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice,
    holy, acceptable to God, witch is your reasonable service. 2, And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."Doing bible things,
    Bible ways. I believe Paul is saying we bring ourself before God each day, lay them on the altar before God, and ask Him to use us as sacrifice for His glory and good of His
    People. And God wants us to depend on His Spirit to be transformed into people
    Who love to please God through willing obediece. That transformation begins with the mind."
    We will behave like a Christian, if we walk in the Spirt of God. Rom. 12: 9-21
    We will also love our neighbor and live by the Law of Love. This is a part of living
    In the Spirt of God.

Blessings , Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie 3 View Post
    Sndbay, This is the way I see it. "Having the Spirt of Christ". We are all spirit beings, but we are conformed to this world and it's ways. We restore our self by pursuing the Lord repenting and conforming to God' Spirits. Rom. 12:1&2, "I beseech you therefor, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, witch is your reasonable service. 2, And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."Doing bible things, bible ways. I believe Paul is saying we bring ourself befor God each day, lay them on the altar before God, and ask Him to use us as sacrifice for His glory and good of His people. And God wants us to depend on His Spirit to be transformed into people
    who love to please God through willing obediece. That transformation begins with the mind."
    We will behave like a Christian, if we walk in the Spirt of God. Rom. 12: 9-21
    We will also love our neighbor and live by the Law of Love. This is a part of living
    in the Spirt of God.

Blessings , Maggie 3
    Maggie,
    I appreciate your thoughts, and with all love and faith in Christ, I will example where it is not identical but similar to what Romans 8 has offered to the thread. What I view is how we can arrive at the fulness of Christ that is given by a measure of stature to bring us unitied with Christ as a perfect man walking in the spirit as one with Christ. Christ prayed for this (John 17:11)

In (Romans 12) which you offered, it is as you said. To be conformed to this world means those that are exampled as refer: (James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God)

Contrarily do not conform to the world, But refer: (James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded)

The verses in (Romans 12) goes on to say how in two different ways the members of the one body are gifted or dealt ("according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith" 12:3) or ( gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us 12:6)
    So by our faith or by grace, God gives us accordlingly, "HOWEVER" none being the same, but each are different. (THIS IS WHY IT IS NOT IDENTICAL TO ROMANS 8)

I agree that the renewed mind is one that holds good conscience towards doing the will of GOD. And this is a sufficient measure of gift which we are told can be shown in One Baptism.

NOW go further to question the fulness of measure in Christ (Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ)

I view that they are not of this world or conformed to it ( John 17:15-16 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. ) (John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me)

NOW the fulness of Christ, having the Spirit of Christ refer: (Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live)

To mortify the deeds is to destroy the deeds of the flesh. So the first question on the thread = do they through the spirit destroy deeds of sin in their body, and fulfilled the righteousness of the law? YES, and it is no easy cross to bear

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galations 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

HOWEVER refer again: Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Sep 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Thank you Sndbay, I am in a study on "spirituality", being restored by "Walking in the
    Spirit" and conformed to God's Spirit. This is a very good study, and not easy, it is a slow
    Study and I am learning. I do believe I walk in the Spirit of God at times, and Hope I get to the point where it is all the time. I am studying with a Dr. Mcdonald at oru. He is on
    God's Learning Channel. He is on three times a week. A new lesson each week so I
    Can hear the same lesson three times. It is hard for me to type what Ihave learned,
    But it is a must study for the fullness of God.

Blessing, Maggie 3

Sep 7, 2009, 08:20 AM

Keep in mind that one of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is that of Teacher.

The Bible cannot be properly understood without the help of the Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 3:6
    6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    (KJV)
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Keep in mind that one of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is that of Teacher.

The Bible cannot be properly understood without the help of the Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 3:6
    6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    (KJV)
    There is no doubt of this... This thread has been refer as being through the Spirit

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Galveston,

What I view in awareness by these question on the thread, and in chapter 8 of Romans, is that (today) the ministries of teaching, have neglected to teach beyond principle doctrine of Christ. (KNOWN as MILK) I trust they try to push and maybe demand discipline, by the principle doctrine of Christ.

Leaving it be, that only those who God has dealt able and ready to take on more can be gifted with this fulness in Christ.

(Hebrews 6:1) speaks of how individuals can go beyond into perfection. And I view no other perfection to be possible except through the Spirit of Christ that can dwell within you. And as the scripture says not laying again the foundation of repentance that is needed in dead works or dead faith in God.
    This full assurance, full faith, and fulness of Christ is permitted only by God that reveals in accorance to HIS will.
    Even (Hebrew 6:4-6) says those who have gone beyond to this full faith and fulness of Christ can not be renewed should they fall away from this perfection.
    A good example of this full faith and fulness in Christ was spoken of in (Act 6:3) A fulness of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost.

Roman 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Are there so few that understand, if we walk having the Spirit of Christ, this walk is done through the full Spirit of Christ in righteousness because the flesh body is dead ( as spoken of in baptism) dead with Christ and dead to sin? The newness of nature is good conscience toward God and willing to do HIS Will and denying himself the lust of the body to follow the law of Faith (Phl 3:9)
    (Romans 8:2 For the " Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus" hath made me free from the law of sin and death)

HE also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of HIS Son
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2009, 11:01 PM
    I agree very much with Maggie on this.
    Not to say we are Christian but by proving it by being a Christian and doing as Maggie posted.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I agree very much with Maggie on this.
    Not to say we are Christian but by proving it by being a Christian and doing as Maggie posted.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    So your answer to the threads questions are YES to all?

Refer the threads questions:

1. Are individual that walk in the spirit concerned, and alarmed sinners? [or] Do they through the spirit destroy deeds of sin in their body, and fulfilled the righteousness of the law?

2. So have we been told that those who are the called according to HIS purpose, are justified?

3. And in all things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us?

4. We have been delivered and redeemed to be similar to the image of HIS Son?

Fred, I thought the Catholic church taught that we are all sinner, and such are, under the law and in hope of God's grace. They also teach that you are held accountable to sin, and not purified don't they? That is why you follow the teaching of Purgatory, a condition or process of purification in which the souls of those who die in a state of grace are made ready for heaven.

There is a difference in what Chapter 8 of Romans is saying from what the Catholic church teaches.

You see we were indeed set free from sin,(no bondage to sin)= (liberty in choice to live righteously and without sin) and it would impliment the consistence of God saying all men were called to be clean, and as Peter spoke of in Acts 10:28, none should be called unclean or common. (WE ARE CLEAN by THE BLOOD of CHRIST)

Not judging your fellow man because God gives each in accordance to HIS Will (thus if you judge man you are actually putting judgement on God's Will) The course of life in each is built and nutured by God by influences and conditions that God hands us. In the final fullness of FAITH we can arrive as the new nature leaving the old behind, not to look back at the mistakes of sin, but washed in One Baptism to walk in the Spirit. (CONFESSED FAITH in CHRIST JESUS UPON BAPTISM)

This is where the predestinate to be conformed to the image of HIS Son has been spoken in truth. This is the hope that each would hold in their heart. Remaing stedfast in HIS WILL to be done, and surrendering our own will. We walk in Christ as He walked in the Father as ONE.

Maggie I would love to have you join us again with your knowledge of study in refer: walking in the Spirit. AND other Christians who have their own gift of wisdom and knoweldge in accordance to God's Will.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2009, 10:46 PM
    sndbay,
    Yes, we ARE cleansed by the blood of Christ IF we believe it and do as Jesus instructed.
    Yes, the Catholic Church does teach that we arr are sinners.
    Jesus is THE judge of who is a sinner or not and what to do about that.
    Yes we do pray that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
    And we should abide by that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Yes, the Catholic Church does teach that we arr are sinners.

Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Do they teach we can be holy, that we can be conformed to HIS image of righteousness. I think not because they teach the principle doctrine of Christ Jesus, what is known as the milk of babes. (1 Corinthains 3:2 Hebrews 5:12)

Hebrew 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Here is a link for those who care to answer questions honestly.

The Way of the Master

ONE FAITH in ONE LORD and ONE BAPTISM can be the next step in surrendering to doing the WILL of GOD, and hope in being conformed as the new man. An appetite for Strong Meat (Hebrew 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. )

HOPE
    Hebrew 6:1-2 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

NOTE:
    To sin without knowledge is to do in without conscience or knowledge of the sin.
    ONE Baptism is the washing of the conscience, and directing the conscience towards doing the Will of God (Gift of the HOLY SPIRIT)
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 09:35 PM
    sndbay,
    Yes, the Catholics do teach that we can be holy by the grace of God.
    Some of that grace comes from the holy sacraments such as baptism and the Holy Euarchist when we partake of it.
    A sacrament is something holy that has been set aside for a special holy purpose as established by God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Sep 28, 2009, 11:28 AM
    Sndbay, This is one way we can know if we are living in God's Spirit. How do we
    Respond to things that are happening in our life. Most of the time we think, and believe
    We have the answer. Even when we pray and put our day in
    The Lords hands we still believe we have the answers. Our believing can be put
    Into trusting and believing in God in Faith. Most of us live in week faith, if in faith at all. There are answers to all our needs in God's Word, His promisers. I have learned and
    Believe my strength and Faith is in the Lord, and I act accordingly. " I can do nothing
    on my own, but in Christ all things are Possible,to those who believe."Mark 9-23. Claim God's promises that fit the situation, and Believe and have Faith the
    Answer will come. Keep saying and believing God's Promises. This is part of trusting and
    Walking in God's Spirit. "The just shall live by Faith" Depend on the Lord in all things.

Love and Blessings, Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 01:43 PM

Maggie that is true, and what you have said not only shows FAITH, but it means you are living by what you believe, and trust God's Will.

It is written in the book of James, that FAITH alone is not enough but that our works of communication and deed will set the example. As doers of the word, and not just hearers only, we are those who go by the law of liberty.
    (James 1:22 1:25)

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 01:55 PM
    sndbay,
    A sacrament is something holy that has been set aside for a special holy purpose as established by God.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred, When you speak of something set aside, I think of something on a shelf being held for a special and holy purpose?

Do you mean established by Christ Jesus, and fulfilled in HIS Word by the Will of Our Father and given to us?
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 09:11 PM
    sndbay,
    Yes, that is what I mean.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is asleep in Christ? [ 54 Answers ]

Why Are we told to be Watchful ? And might we be counted accountable? Will you fall asleep in Christ? Luke 21:35-36 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things...

Are The Dead Alive in Spirit or Sleeping until Jesus Christ comes ? [ 48 Answers ]

There are various Scriptures in the old testement that clearly states that the dead are asleep until the 2nd coming of Christ, And in the new testment it says something entirely different. In Ecclesiastes 9:5 & 9:6 it states clearly that the Dead are just asleep and that they have no more conscious...

The two bodies of Christ [ 14 Answers ]

Christ has two bodies. He presented the first one, born of the virgin Mary, as the perfect and complete sacrifice for the sins of mankind. That body was then resurrected and went back to the Father in Heaven. But what about His second body? He does have one. 1 Cor 12:27 27 Now ye are the...

Who is Jesus Christ? [ 20 Answers ]

First off, I am not Jewish... I am a gentile. I do believe that Jesus Christ is the promised Messiah in the Old Testament, so I wanted to be up front about that. I have had an interest in Jewish culture since the first time I traveled to Israel more than 10 years ago. Since that time, I have...

About Jesus Christ [ 8 Answers ]

In which ways is and or was worshipped and what was the impact the death had on his respective religion?

View more questions Search