Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southern6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Entering Auto
    My son who is 18 was with 4 other guys all over 18 and all but one of them got arrested for entering auto. Each got 4 counts. My son has nerver been in trouble before and was waiting to go into boot camp in November. One of the boys ran and got away. But my question is, is there a way to get the charges dropped so he can still go into the Navy and if not what is the sentenceing for this charge in Georgia.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southern6 View Post
    But my question is, is there a way to get the charges dropped so he can still go into the Navy and if not what is the sentenceing for this charge in Georgia.
    Hello s:

Hire a lawyer for him. He may NOT be guilty of anything.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 5, 2009, 05:28 AM

In GA entering a auto is a felony, and if things were also stolen it is considered worst.

1. Has his attorney worked with any type of deal for him to testify against the others and to name names of the person who got away?

2. As noted what evidence do they have ? Entering auto is actually fairly hard to prove ( ( am a ex cop from GA)

3. Sentence can be several years in prison, often first offender ( esp in Atlanta area were this crime is often not even investigated and you have to be almost stupid to get caught) he would get either prison boot camp or probation. I don't see any way he will get the charges droped if they have evidence against him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC blower fan will not run in auto, only "ON". (heater runs in auto fine). [ 2 Answers ]

AC problem. My blower fan will not run in auto. (heater runs in auto fine). The fan will run in "on" position. I suspect the timer (or maybe a limit switch if there is one) on the fan control board. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the Lennox BCC2 fan control board? Thanks...

Re-entering in to the you.S [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went to the U.S last year and came back to India. When I came back I forgot to return the I-94 form. Hence after reached India I have sent all the releated proofs such as Flight ticket, Visa copy.etc... to ACS – CBP SBU department. Now I will be going back to U.S again this month. I am...

Auto reposession/Default on Auto Loan [ 3 Answers ]

To whom could lend some immediate advice, I purchased a 2005 brand new vehicle in 2005. This automobile has been repossessed as of 5/07. In addition, I filed bankruptcy (Chapter 13) in 2006 to avoid this very problem, however that has been dismissed for lack of payments. My current...

Entering auto wit inten to commit theft [ 3 Answers ]

I have to go to court for entering auto with intent to commit theft which is a felony this will be my 1st and also obstruction of an officer (running) and I would like to know if anyone would know if probation will be a possibality (I know no one knows for sure) Im in Georgia

Entering into quickbooks [ 2 Answers ]

I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business. I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it. Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on...

View more questions Search