Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slicknic86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Does the amount of cash increase or decrease
    Exercise 1-3A Identifying the reporting entities [L.O. 2]

Carlos Bueso recently started a business. During the first few days of operation, Mr. Bueso transferred $30,000 from his personal account into a business account for a company he named Bueso Enterprises. Bueso Enterprises borrowed $40,000 from the State Bank of Texas. Mr. Bueso's father-in-law, James Bright, invested $64,000 into the business for which he received a 25 percent ownership interest. Bueso Enterprises purchased a building from Leigh Realty Company. The building cost $120,000 cash. Bueso Enterprises earned $28,000 in revenue from the company's customers and paid its employees $25,000 for salaries expense.

Required:

Mention what happened to the cash accounts of the following entities.

Entities
    Distribution of Cash

Mr. Bueso (personal account)
    Personal account was (Click for List) increased decreased by the $30,000 cash deposited in the Bueso Enterprises' business account.

Bueso Enterprises
    Cash account (Click for List) increased decreased by the $30,000 cash deposited by Mr. Bueso.

Cash account (Click for List) decreased increased by $40,000 cash borrowed from State Bank of Texas.

Cash account (Click for List) increased decreased by $64,000 cash invested by James Bright.

Cash account (Click for List) decreased increased by $120,000 cash used to purchase building.

Cash account (Click for List) increased decreased by $28,000 cash revenue earned.

Cash (Click for List) increased decreased by $25,000 when employees received payment for salaries.

State Bank of Texas
    Cash account (Click for List) decreased increased by $40,000 cash loaned to Bueso Enterprises.

James Bright, father-in-law, personal account
    Cash (Click for List) decreased increased by $64,000 cash invested in Bueso Enterprises.

Leigh Realty Company
    Cash (Click for List) increased decreased by $120,000 received from Bueso Enterprises to purchase building.

Bueso Enterprises' customers
    Cash (Click for List) decreased increased by $28,000 when customers paid for services performed.

Bueso Enterprises' employees
    Cash (Click for List) decreased increased by $25,000 when employees received payment

The answer is either increased or decreased
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 06:17 PM

Please see the guidelines for posting homework problems:
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

We're not here to just give you the answers. You need to show your attempts at the problem. And since this is cash, most of it should be pretty logical if you'll just think about it, although there are a couple of interpretive things in all that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I decrease sales from one entity on financials and increase the other [ 1 Answers ]

The sales for two businesses were recorded under one at the start of year. Two separate sets of books are being kept now but there is a $ amount of sales that needs to be removed from on and posted to the other. How do I do this correctly and what are the accounts affected.

Total assets increase or decrease? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out if the total assets increased or decreased and by how much with the following info. The company began the current year with assets of 250,000 and liabilities of 170,000. During the year stockholders equity increased by 50,000 and liabilities decreased by 20,000. I think it...

View more questions Search