Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ninjagirl14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Leaf project
    Okay while I have a leaf project and need help I have to find the name and the scincefic name for leaves in West Virginia I have already have some leaves and can't find a website that would tell me what I need to know. :eek:
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:31 PM

You might have to actually buy a book of West Virginia plants. (Or check a local library.)

But you could start with this list at Wikipedia.
    Category:Flora of West Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Most of the links will probably have photos (I hope!).

Are the leaves you collected from trees and shrubs? Or more from herbs (non woody plants that grow close to the ground)?

The search term you want is "flora" which means all the plants that grow in an area, so "West Virginia flora" or "Flora of West Virginia"

If you mostly have trees and shrubs, try "Trees of West Virginia" and then select "images" at Google. Or "shrubs of West Virginia"

Any grasses?

Also, some of your plants may not be native to West Virginia. They might be discussed somewhere as "introduced" or "exotics."
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:32 PM
    PS. Watch out for poison ivy!
    Ninjagirl14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks this helps a lot :) don't worry I collected the leaves a couple days ago and I'm pretty sure their not poison ivy cause I haven't been iching

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ran leaf blower without oil [ 13 Answers ]

My darling wife ran a Craftsman leaf blower with straight gas - no oil mixed in. It ran about 10 minutes then stopped. The starter cord will not pull. I took it apart and can see what is stopping the cord - 2 spring loaded arms are hitting a round, grooved plastic piece in such a way that it stops...

Leaf invaders [ 1 Answers ]

I am located on long Island in the state New York, I have a japanese dogwood tree, and have noticed that something is laying eggs on the back of the leaves, it seems like there is only one egg sack to a leaf. I am attaching some photos. Does anybody know what this is? 20630 20631 20632...

Oak Leaf investigation [ 1 Answers ]

When identifying plant and animal cells, why can't you use an oak leaf as part of your investigation? PLEASE HELP!

Leaf Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a leaf blower and I think I ran it with too little oil and now the cord will not pull through to start the machine. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

View more questions Search