Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjohnson1419 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 10:54 PM
    No cold water running out of single lever bathroom faucet
    Tonight, while my wife was running the water in our bathroom faucet, the cold water instantly shut off - almost like a switch - there was not drop in pressure or any noticeable change before it shut off. I turned off the cold water to the faucet and turned it back on and the same thing happened. Before I get too far into a project, I was going to solicit advice from this forum to see if anyone has an idea to what is going on. I have cold water in my bathtub, kitchen sink, and washer - it just shuts off to our bathroom sink.

Thanks for any help you can be!
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 01:03 AM

Have u had any plumbing work done resently?

If hot water works OK, u have debris in water line.

Shut off main work supply. Remove stem from angle valve.

With bowl under valve and towel in front of opening in angle valve, have someone turn on main for about 3 seconds.

This should clean out water line.

Install stem back in angle valve and turn on main.

If this does not solve problem, then blockage is in either the faucet or the supply line from angle valve.

Good luck

Chuck
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 4, 2009, 04:42 AM

You may have loose washer on cold water stem in that faucet. What kind / brand / type of faucet is it ?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 07:44 AM

Please respond to Milo, and on top of that just do a quick test, see the Image below, close the cold angle valve under the sink, disconnect the supply line at the angle valve, put a towel on the angle valve, open the angle valve and see if the water flows, if it does the problem is in your faucet as Milo says, if not problem is with your angle valve do the test and come back, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single lever moen faucet - Which direction should hot water be? [ 4 Answers ]

This is a silly question, but I never really thought about it, and now I am not 100% sure the answer. We recently had a plumber replace a cartdrige in our moen lever, and now when we pull the leverl and turn it to the right, it turns on the hot, and turn it to the left makes it colder. When...

Hot water stopped running in bathroom faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Now I've been doing a little reading of similar problems in the blogs and suspect I have an airlock. Here's what's going on... While the water was running, in the hot position, it spontaneously stopped. The hot water is working in the shower and the kitchen -- the only other outlets. I have a...

Single lever kitchen faucet has very little water coming out hot side [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new (1 year old) single lever kitchen faucet that has normal flow when the lever is turned to the cold side but only a small trickle of water come out when turned to the hot side. I changed the disc with no results.

Single lever faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After a year or so, the single lever kitchen faucet (which I believe is a Delta) we installed, will no longer switch to the cold water side. This just happened yesterday and we are unsure where to start looking for the problem. It is not under the sink, as we have looked at the connections and they...

View more questions Search