Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pinkwater Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Sep 3, 2009, 08:48 PM
    How Do You Create Hyperlinks?
    ... the bule-highlighted links that open up a new window when you click on it?

Thanks.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 09:21 PM
    For an HTML document, the link text is surrounded with <A HREF="YourURL">link text goes here...</A>. For posting here on AMHD, use [url="YourURL"] YourText... and then close with a [/ url].
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Sep 3, 2009, 09:29 PM
    I'm sure there are better ways, Pinkwater, but try this - it's what I do.

Any web-page you are on (like this one) has an address. This is shown near the top of your window in the 'Navigation' Toolbar - and usually starts with "http://www." or "https://www." If you place your mouse pointer at the RH end of the address shown, then left-click once, you should see the whole address highlighted. Press CTRL+C to Copy it.

Next, go to the place where you want to copy this link to (eg. an email or a PM) - place your cursor where you want it copied to, and then press CTRL+V to Paste it there.

If you have a lot of these links to Paste, then it might be worth creating a 'Temp Links' Text file, and Copy+Pasting to there, first. Then, when you're ready, you can Copy +Paste from this text file to your chosen destination.

This is a copy of the address of your original post above:-

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...ks-393319.html

If you click on it, it should bring you back here.

PS - Didn't mean to step on Scleros's toes, here... SOZ
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 09:53 PM
    My toes are fine. Your response is as valid as any other. There's always more than one way to get from point A to point B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hyperlinks do not open [ 2 Answers ]

Opening hyperlinks in emails, both incoming AND outgoing, bring forth this error message: "Microsoft Office Word This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is a recent phenomena - two, perhaps three...

Hyperlinks not working [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Excel, Office 2000, and when I click on any hyperlinks, previously made or newly made, the screen flashes for a split second and the hyperlink does nothing, does not open nor give error message. Need help please, this also occurs in Word.

About hyperlinks in Word Doc. [ 4 Answers ]

I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window. How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank? Thanks!

View more questions Search