Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bflsw09 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 06:57 PM
    escape car
    A thief is trying to escape from a parking garage after completing a robbery, and the thief's car is speeding toward the door of the parking garage (see figure). When the thief is L = 32 m from the door, a police officer flips a switch to close the garage door. The door starts at a height of 1.8 m and moves downward at 0.22 m/s. If the thief's car is 1.2 m tall, what should be the minimum speed of his car to escape?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 07:07 PM

No figure to see
    bflsw09 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Name:  theif car.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  23.9 KB

Image is attached
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 12:22 PM

For the car to escape in the limits, the height of the door have to be 1.2 m above the ground. Here, we'll assume that the car is 1.2m at a point only, and we'll consider the length of the car to be negligible.

Find the time for the door to be 1.2 m above the ground.
    The car has to travel distance L within that time.
    Can you find the speed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alternative to escape key [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I got a problem with my PC, only escape key is not working. Would like to know if there is any alternative we can make use of :confused: If anybody has brilliant tweak or combination of keys that can amulate escape key. Well Please be kind enough I know onscreen...

Escape velocity [ 2 Answers ]

It takes of course a certain speed to escape the gravitational pull of a planet or a star. My question is this: when escaping a solar system or a galaxy isz their an additional gravitational effect to overcome?

I want to get away and escape! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Having recently split up with my long term boyfriend I've been overun by thoughts that I just want to get away and do something with my life while Im still young. The break up has left me devastated as I really did think he was the one I would end up with, but I guess things can change...

I cannot escape [ 5 Answers ]

It’s been a year and two months. They try to tell you love fades with time, but I tell you there is no such thing as time. I had been with this guy for about a year a half starting the summer before my senior year in high school. He was never that great of a guy. The first six months of us being...

View more questions Search