Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IT-Student Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Data modelling homework
    Hi,

How would please help me doing my homework it's a bit long one but I think very basic one for the ones who know database modelling. I would be so happy if anyone could help!:)

Please look at the attachments..

Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2009, 05:13 PM

Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Arts & Literature

Sep 3, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Please review the guidelines on asking for help with homework that can be found here:

Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Arts & Literature
    ohh sorry I tried to solve the HW but I'm pretty sure my answer is not correct take look at and let me know what's wrong with my answer.

thanks

ERD

============
    Organization (OrgId, supervisor_id) (1:1)

Supervisors( Supervisor_id, name, experience) (1:1) [[FK references Organization]]

Licensee_Details (Licensee_Key, Licensee_Id, Name, Licensee_Addr_Key,License_Issue_Date, License_Expiry_Date)(1:1)

Licensee_Address (Licensee_adress_key, licensee_key, addr1, addr2, state) (1:1)

Licenses_Issues_Record (License_Issued_Key, Licensee_key, License_Issue_Date) [[REPORT]]

Species_Records (Species_Key, Species_Id, Min_Population, Total_Catch, Year) (1:1)

Govt_Quote_List (Govt_Quote_List_key, Licensee_Key, year, species_key,quantity) (1:1)

fisherman_report_master (fisherman_report_key, licensee_key, expedition_date, weather, boat_name, year) (1:n)

fisherman_report_child(fisherman_report_child_key, fisherman_report_master_key,species_key, tonnage) (n:1)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IT-Student View Post
    ERD

============
    Organization (OrgId, supervisor_id) (1:1)

Supervisors( Supervisor_id, name, experience) (1:1) [[FK references Organization]]

Licensee_Details (Licensee_Key, Licensee_Id, Name, Licensee_Addr_Key,License_Issue_Date, License_Expiry_Date)(1:1)

Licensee_Address (Licensee_adress_key, licensee_key, addr1, addr2, state) (1:1)

Licenses_Issues_Record (License_Issued_Key, Licensee_key, License_Issue_Date) [[REPORT]]

Species_Records (Species_Key, Species_Id, Min_Population, Total_Catch, Year) (1:1)

Govt_Quote_List (Govt_Quote_List_key, Licensee_Key, year, species_key,quantity) (1:1)

fisherman_report_master (fisherman_report_key, licensee_key, expedition_date, weather, boat_name, year) (1:n)

fisherman_report_child(fisherman_report_child_key, fisherman_report_master_key,species_key, tonnage) (n:1)
    Is this what you came up with? What's the assignment?

Sep 3, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Prepare the Relational Tables to represent the following situation, which is
    described by means of text and an Entity Relationship Diagram.
    Note: Do not attempt to modify the ERD. Your task is to state the relational tables
    which fit the given ERD.

The NSW government has agreed to set up an organisation to monitor the fishing
    industry in this state. The concern is that over-fishing might lead to the eventual
    extinction of some species and great problems for those people who depend on
    seafood for their survival. The organisation wants a computer based information
    system to store the data necessary to monitor the situation.
    All commercial fisherpersons within the state must have a licence to fish which is
    granted each year by the organization. Records of all licences issued over the last
    5 year's must be maintained by the system.

A register of all major species, identified by the government species code, is to be
    kept and is to be regularly updated with the population surveys of each species
    which will be carried out by the organisation's scientists. The scientists will work
    out a "minimum population" figure and a "total catch" figure, for each calendar
    year, for each species.

Each licenced commercial fisherperson must apply to the organisation annually
    for quotas which specifies the amount of each species of seafood that the
    fisherperson can catch in a particular year. A catch report must be made by each
    commercial fisherperson listing the tonnage of each species caught on each
    fishing expedition. The fisherperson also provides a brief weather description for
    each expedition and the boat name. The organisation has inspectors who do
    random audits to ensure that the catch reports are accurate.

These reports are to be stored so that the quotas can be checked to ensure that
    fisherpersons are not over-fishing.
    The system will produce regular reports of trends in species populations and
    exception reports where the population seems to be falling rapidly, or it is
    approaching the "minimum population" levels, or where the population surveys do
    not match the catch reports.
    One type of report is shown below for Mr John Snapper. (Note that there are
    several other types of reports.)
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

THe pro's and con's of male modelling [ 6 Answers ]

Male modelling and the industry Hello Does anyone remember the name of the male model competition program that was on the BBC a couple of years back. How about any similar programs (for males?) I would like to hear from a male model who has had related success in the industry preferably in...

Modelling agency [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know ,how to startup a model agency And how to register on different client database ,so you know about auditions first hand.

View more questions Search