Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbcuz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 03:58 PM
    A real marriage recognized by GOD
    Who will marry people without the marriage certificate that is an actual preacher with the authority of GOD to marry people. I want to marry my girlfriend but I don't want her to marry my debt and have her wages garnished because of the debt I incured before I ever met her. I don't think that would be fair to her financially. Some help would be nice.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 04:17 PM

Why do you have to be married with god's approval. Just say vows, exchange rings and swear to love, and honour each other Of course, you could get married the legal way and I think have a sort of pre-nuptial wherein you mention that she is not responsible for your debt before marrying.

Tick
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 04:22 PM

The vows of nearly every church I've ever been in say "for richer and for poorer".

Either you're willing to shoulder each other's burdens, or you're not.

If you're not, then are you REALLY getting married the way that God intended marriage to be?
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Sep 3, 2009, 05:33 PM

You can have a handfasting done. You can also make it legal as well.
    justbcuz Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Its not fair that my girl should have her wage ganished for debt that I incured before I ever even met her.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justbcuz View Post
    Its not fair that my girl should have her wage ganished for debt that i incured before i ever even met her.
    Have you asked her or told her about your debts and/or your wish to marry her?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:54 PM

Tickle suggested a prenuptual agreement, specifying that all debt incurred by you, before marriage would not be hers. This may take care of this problem.

A marriage licence granted by the State is financial, practical. Since it is a legal thing and not a spiritual one, talk to a pastor, priest or something like that and get his feedback on your concerns.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 03:03 PM

Nope, it's not fair.

But why would HER wages be garnished if YOU are making payments?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP DVD plays OK CD not recognized [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm running Windows XP Home SP2 on a Laptop. For about 3 years now I've been able to watch DVDs but any kind of audio/music CDs aren't recognized in my D:\ drive. After looking and searching around on my system I just knew that somehow I had Disabled something to do with the DVD CD-ROM ...

RAM not totally being recognized? [ 10 Answers ]

I am fixing the computer of my fiance's aunt and she has 2 512mb sticks and her PC is only reading one stick. It was originally Windows ME but she installed XP onto it! She has a photo program that she uses often but is lagging out real bad she said. I am unsure of the details as I have not seen...

Secret civil marriage now, Real wedding later? [ 2 Answers ]

Due to health care reasons and the fact that I will be overseas for the next year, My fiancé and I have decided to have a civil marriage before our church wedding. I know that you can have a blessing of a civil ceremony, but is it possible to have that religious ceremony be the same (to those...

Marriage recognized by my, Emancipation? [ 3 Answers ]

This might be a stupid question but so far from searching on the web I have not yet found a clear answer on this If my boyfriend and I were married in Maryland would Michigan ( our home state) recognize the marriage even though we are both minors & it is legal for us to get married in Maryland...

USB Device not recognized [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 laptops Toshiba : one is a PORTEGE 7200 and the other Tecra 8000. Both worked perfectly with a USB Wireless adapter Linksys WUSB54G on Windows 2000 until last week. After I installed Windows XP professional, both stopped recognizing the USB wireless adapter. I have "USB Device not...

View more questions Search