Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpass Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Conflict of interest?
    My mother-n-law retained an attorney for a divorce against my father-n-law back many years ago, they ended up remarrying and now father-n-law has passed away. The mother-n-law has his will with her being executer of the estate and she has hired this same attorney to represent the estate probate proceedings, isn't this a conflict of interest?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 02:35 PM

I don't see why it would be.
    bpass Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 02:41 PM

Because he would have been opposing counsel in the divorce against father-n-law and now he would be counsel for father-n-law's estate!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bpass View Post
    because he would have been opposing counsel in the divorce against father-n-law and now he would be counsel for father-n-law's estate!
    No because this is a separate action estate / probate. It doesn't involve the 2 parties in conflict. This is a settlement issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conflict of interest [ 5 Answers ]

Say there is a Child Support office Attorny that worked with my attorny's office sometime in the past and now I am being servied by that child support office would that Child support attorny be considered conflict of interest and if she handled any part of the support case do I have a lawsuit...

Conflict of interest? [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court today for a careless driving ticket in NJ( written at the scene at an accident). Where both partys were written tickets. I am pleading NOT GUILTY(I have a lawyer). I found out today that my lawyer is also representing the other party too. Can this be done?? I am a...

Conflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

:( I found conflict of interest in my son's court proceedings. What can be done?

Conflict of interest [ 1 Answers ]

My husband hired a lawyer for divorce where his sister works as a secretary. Is this a conflict of interest. If it is then what can I do about it.

COnflict of Interest [ 3 Answers ]

An attorney represented me in a bankruptcy and now the same attorney is representing my husband in our divorce. Is that a Conflict of Interest? I was the only one that signed on with him for the bankruptcy and the bankruptcy was only in my name. The way I look at it is that I am already is...

View more questions Search