Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    likestolaugh Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 12:27 PM
    How often do you buy your gf/bf gifts?
    I've always been the type who enjoys giving... it's always been this way, even when I was a kid, with my family.

I also enjoy getting my girlfriend gifts (I don't count paying for meals)... rarely expensive. I'm wondering what the norm is for how often people do this for their girlfriend or boyfriend... and is it usually on the cheaper or more expensive side..
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 01:40 PM
    I think the norm is what YOU feel, as often as YOU like, or not at all.
    I think the gift can be anything as long as it comes from the heart. They don't need to be expensive or serious, funny can be just as good.

I once gave my husband a Rosemary plant and potted it myself, because he loves Rosemary, we didn't have much money and it was his Birthday. It was about $10.00 and his most treasured gift.

I bought him a toilet seat at Wal-Mart just 2 weeks ago, wrapped it and he loved it. :D

I wrap everything, my way of thinking, If I'm going to spend the money and give it away, it's going to be wrapped in something.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 11:49 PM

Buying gifts is very different when it comes to males and females in my experience.

Males like larger gifts as a rule and generally if they get a big gift you don't need to get him another one for some time.

Women on the other hand are completely the oppossite , they are quite happy with small gifts because they appreciate the actual receiving ie: the fact that you thought about them and got them something. So lots of little gifts generally works well.

Now here's the problem , as blokes if we get a female a large gift we think they will be happy for a long time without another gift for some time , like we would.

No No No , don't work like that ;)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 11:56 PM

Have to spread rep but lol you re right.:-)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 12:12 AM

Have to spread rep but lol you re right.:-)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    have to spread rep but lol you re right.:-)
    Thanks Mon , it's the thought that counts :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gifts from above [ 8 Answers ]

Being able to hear and see in Spirit while awake or in prayer, could this be a gift , and what kind of gift would it be?:D also sometimes when meeting people I can feel their different pains in their life. And I don't even know them, what kind of gift could this be. Also sometimes knowing what...

God Given Gifts [ 3 Answers ]

How do I know what Gifts God has given to me?

Pay for the gifts? [ 8 Answers ]

So I bought my ex gift and then subsequently have broken up. We have been in no contact for 2 weeks now. I know this sounds rude, but should I ask him to pay me back for the gift? Sure it sounds vindictive, but you know I will feel better and I am sure he probably doesn't want to see gifts that...

Car gifts [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My boyfriend is crazy about cars, motor sport, formula one etc etc, he even works with cars. I have been planning to get him some kind of gift as his birthday is coming up soon. The thing is, the more I look, the more I need help! Myself, personally, I do not see the...

Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts [ 2 Answers ]

Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?

View more questions Search