Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessie11708 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:12 PM
    Wireless hookup problem
    When I hook up my wireless router to my ethernet cable and to my desktop,it slows it down to a crawl.[really slow],also with my laptop,which is a wireless connection is also slow,slow ,slow.
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Re-post your question(s) and advise brand / type / model of your router, computer make and operating system you are using. One thing that will cause extremely 'slow' performance is inadequate memory. At the least, you should want to have 256 Mb of memory to support. Also, run a complete spyware / virus scan on your computer then defrag your hard drive. I will watch your repost and try to help more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless Zero Configuration Problem [ 9 Answers ]

Hi Folks, I have just reformatted my daughters PC with windows xp pro but can't seem to solve this issue: The PC is connnected to the internet via a wireless adapter which is fairly new and I have had no problems with it before the reformat. To get the computer to access the internet I...

Wireless connection problem [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know why my PC and Samsung d500 can't receive each other? My wireless keyboard and mouse worked fine, also I can't see the infra red program anywhere on control panel. My PC is only around 7 months old and cost £1300 so its not old or cheap and is called philips ls1200. Maybe it's the...

Wireless hookup to PC [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased a belkin wireless G router and have it hooked up to my PC. I want to run my laptop to it also. I would appreciate any help in this.

Wireless PCI card problem [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Linksys wireless PCI card in a PC Pentium2 400mhz, running XP pro. XP will see the card but will not allow set up to finish, error message reads, (devce cannot start Code 10). Driver updates did not solve this nor reinstalling device and driver many times. The wireless...

View more questions Search