Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolphin1878 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Sick runt
    My dog had puppies 2 days ago and the runt is very cold I have been bottle feeding him he will eat and move around but he feels really cold we keep him wrapped up in blankets but we can not get him to become warm again
    ashleygabby Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2006, 06:23 PM
    If you are already bottle feeding him take him to the mergency clinci or vet hospital (if you don't have the money ) take him the emergency clinic at night so they can bill you later! And your runt gets to live! He may have tape worms or something GO get him checked out!
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Oct 29, 2006, 05:45 PM
    The puppy could have been born with a cogenital defect. Or there is something called fading kitten/puppy syndrome. There is nothing that can be done for that. I would hate that you couldn't afford the pets you have, I hope that's not the case. Has the mother had vaccinations? Also what is she eatting? Has she been wormed? Tapesworms are only transmitted by ingesting a flea, but 90% of all puppies are born with round and hook worms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy runt [ 11 Answers ]

My pitbull Nina delivered 6 Puppies on 10/25/06 5 Of them are doing well the runt is not doing to well he is a lot smaller than the other puppies very weak and constantly crying,and or whining while sleeping. I have been bottle feeding him Esbilac but he does not drink much. I'm worried about the...

Runt puppy very small [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 week old litter of labrador puppies. Most of them weigh about five pounds. Our smallest only weighs 2 1/2 pounds. He only nurses for a few minutes and then falls asleep. He will not take a bottle or drink from a bowl. The other pups are eating moistened food now. The vet is keeping a...

Runt not Eating? [ 2 Answers ]

My cat just had kittens (January 13th); five beauties. Most of the kittens are doing well, but one kitty (Cloud) is just smaller than the rest. S/he doesn't seem to eat as much, is much more smaller than the rest in terms of weight, and is much more active (I think Cloud will also be the first to...

Does it matter if my kitten is the runt? [ 1 Answers ]

I've bought a kitten, who seems a little smaller than his brothers - does this matter?

Runt, sick (wild) kitten question [ 1 Answers ]

I have brought home a wild kitten about 5 weeks of age that has an eye infection and an abscess. The kitten is on antibotics starting today, but was only removed from the mother as of last night (it is eating gruel well at 3 hour intervals) but has not pooped. I have foster kittens, mainly for...

View more questions Search