Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123obrien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Wiring hot but fan doesn't work!
    Hi I just installed a new ceiling fan using the existing ceiling light wiring and wall switch (no changes to the wiring of the wall switch), but... it doesn't work!!

I do have power at the junction box in the ceiling and also in the new ceiling fan, but when I pull each of the 3 pull chains on the fan (one for a light) and with the wall switch in the on position, I get nothing!

I have double checked the wiring with the instructions that came with the fan and in fact redid the wiring connections to ensure good connections exist for the ground, neutral and power feeds.

The only thing I can think of is the fan/light is a lemon.

Are there any other possibilities that I should look into??

Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 07:00 PM

Tell us what wires you have and how you connected them. What make is the fan. You may have a lemon.

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

John Deere - My dog ripped the wiring Out - Need Wiring Diagram or photos [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old L110 that ran fine until last week. I think my dog chased a chipmunk up under the hood and in trying to get to him ripped a bunch of wires out. I have spliced back together the obvious wires (color coded) but I have one black wire that I assume is a ground(?) and the two...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search