Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfie1031 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Employer refusing to pay vacation/sick time benefits.
    I have been a CEO for 7 yrs for this company who has started to fall on hard times because they are part of the auto industry platform.
    I obtained the position of COO after the CEO died and have been the Senior Director since. I carry no stock in this company.

Recently the board decided to remove me (terminate) and now are trying to withhold my accrued vacation and sick allowance on the grounds of time worked , etc.
    In April 2009 I was paid my 2008 yearly allowance per the agreement.

I am "salaried" and per CA employment laws and by definition I have fulfilled my job responsibilities as required for all these years.

How can a corporate employer do this or can they? Is there a statute of limitations to when they can claim this after 7 years and especially paying out the allowance agreement?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie1031 View Post
    How can a corporate employer do this or can they? Is there a statute of limitations to when they can claim this after 7 years and especially paying out the allowance agreement?
    Hello w:

They can't as far as I know. There IS a statute of limitations, and it BEGINS when the offense occurred. So, that's no a concern.

File a case in small claims court. It's quick, cheap and easy.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer not paying correct vacation pay [ 5 Answers ]

We did some investigating, & made some calls; it turns out we have pretty solid proof that my husbands employer is only paying vacation pay on "straight time",& not including overtime. If he brings it up they could make life pretty miserable to the point of job loss. This "error" involves a couple...

Salary treatment with Sick and Vacation pay [ 2 Answers ]

If you are salaried at 40 hours per week and you have company paid vacation and sick leave how do you calculate your pay for the week if you are absent for 4 hours of one day.

Can a 1099 receive Vacation Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If an employee moves from a W2 to 1099, Are they entitled to cash out on their remaining vacation benefits?

View more questions Search