Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jepimpalot Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Should she receive Unemployment
    This story takes place in the state of PA. So my girlfriend was working at this temp agency for about 4-6 months on and off. One day her boss got into a fight with her and raised his hand at her and make her look like a fool in front of everyone talking about her medical history and all kinds of stuff. Well one night she was told she had to stay late... so she stayed an extra 45 minutes well her other employees told her "boss" that she was doing her job wrong although no one actually showed her how to do this job. Well after a lot of yelling and screaming her "boss" told her that she is worthless and that they do not need her and she should not come back. The next day she went to her doctor explaining the situation... she already had some anxiety problems. The doctor told her that the environment she is working in was unsafe and gave her a medical leave of absence and told her not to be in contact with them anymore. When her and her boss was having this argument he was saying stuff like oh your nobody you do not come from a good family and so on and so forth. Well about 2 months after she was fired her "boss" showed up at her house with some stuff that was not even hers. He did this just to see where she did live and if she really did have a nice house and nice things. Well now since her doctor wrote her a note saying that it is unfit for her to work there will she be able to collect unemployment. They are trying to say it's a volunteer which it really was not it was just an unsafe and unpleasant place to work.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 02:27 PM

I do believe you have to have worked something like 90 weeks to be eligible for unemployment.
    Did she work anywhere prior to that within the past year?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 02:29 PM
    What complaints and information did she tell the temporary agency, who is her employer?

Sep 2, 2009, 02:36 PM
    She did work before she was actually on unemployment and was collecting partials and then worked for this company for about 4-6 months but yes she was employed for a LONG time before the lay off she should have her "emergency unemployment" but they want to open a new claim
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 02:40 PM
    What did her denial say?
    Who did she file unemployment against?
    Although she was let go from her contracted place of employment, she was not terminated by her actual employer. Who would have been able to place her with a new place of employment had she spoken to them about the situation. With an excuse from work for the time being it would be an unpaid leave anyway.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I do believe you have to have worked something like 90 weeks to be eligible for unemployment.
    90 days, not 90 weeks darlin. 90 weeks is almost two years.

Now, back to the OP. Did she contact the temp agency? If she was still under contract the temp agency was her boss. IF she was still under contract, most likely the temp agency will release this creep from their employ and no longer send them temps.

Sep 2, 2009, 02:53 PM

When she left that day of the fight her boss said "get out of here we don't need you we can replace you" And the next day she went to the Doctor and told her what was going on he said that its unfit and not to go back. She was not an actual temp she worked in there office as there administrative assistant. When she called the next day to talk to her manager not the "boss" and someone had already replaced her and wouldn't let her talk to anyone. This was an ongoing problem with her and her "boss". She called me many times from the bathroom crying about how unfairly she was being treated and how mean her boss was.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Ok, so then, her contract was up with the temp agency then? She was legally employed by this creep?

Actually sounds like an attorney I worked for once.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 03:03 PM

Maybe it was 120 days?
    I know I worked around 90 days and they said I wasn't eligible.

Sep 2, 2009, 03:49 PM

Well he told her to not come back then the next day she went to her doctor to see about her social anxiety and when she told the story of the day before that her boss literally put his hand up to her and talked about her personal medical background make her stay 45 minutes extra with no pay her doctor told her that it was an unsafe working environment and she should not go back and faxed her work a letter the next day saying she would not be back because he felt it wasn't safe for her to work there this place is run like a circus its ridiculous
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 04:53 PM

You never actually answered the question of just WHO was her employer. WHO paid her paycheck? The temp agency or the company where she was working at? This will make a huge difference in if she is eligible for unemployment. Also if they wanted to open a new claim versus use the old claim they have every right to open a new claim as the original claimant year has probably come and gone and technically it would fall under the new claim guidelines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who should receive 1099's? [ 12 Answers ]

We have an LLC and have paid several individuals more than $600 for services, etc. What service providers should we issue a 1099 for? Mostly we are talking about newspaper advertisers and sign makers/installers?

Cash receive [ 1 Answers ]

Farley Company reported the following information for 2007: Budgeted Sales: September $ 240,000; October $310,000; November $290,000; December $360,000; and January $200,000. Budgeted Purchases: September $ 90,000; October $120,000; November $128,000; December $ 144,000; and January $ 88,000....

Can't Receive Packets! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys. Im currently expiriencing a problem with my administrators machine. It can only send packets but cannot receive... Meaning that it can't access the network. I've tried to replace the NIC, disable the Firewall and even changing the IP address but all in vain... It's a total mess......

Did not receive 1099 NT [ 1 Answers ]

I have just become a resident alien for tax purposes, after 2 years on J1. My problem is that I don't have a 1099 INT from my bank. I called them and they told me my interest was only 3.99 and they only send them out if interest is over $10. I'm not sure how to fill out the 1040EZ since I don't...

Did not receive 1099G [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I did not receive my 1099G but I know how much I paid. But now I have to enter information in HRblock for state address and payer's ID number and so on. Where do I find this from? This is for the state of Georgia. Thanks much, Ra

View more questions Search