Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tania verdurga Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Employer can't pay salary anymore: Unemployment Qualification?
    I work full-time as a salaried employee in California.

My employer informed the staff that there is no more funds. They gave us our pay and said, "for the pay period moving forward, we don't have money to pay any of you."

Question #1:
    If they state that they can't pay, then our employee/employer relationships is over, right?

Question #2:
    Does that qualify me for unemployment insurance benefits?

Thanks very much for any insight you may have.
    louky40223 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2009, 06:36 AM
    If the employer cannot or will not continue to pay your salary, then technically your working relationship is over and you should qualify for unemployment benefits. You should go to your local unemployment office and file a claim immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1b employer not paying salary either not showing a job. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Iam fed up with my employer for false promisings. Iam h1b employee ,my employer don't have any projects I know legally I am supposed to pay even on bench. I asked him to send me back if you don't have any project or pay me legally. He passed months saying he was generating pay roll...

Employer not paying valid salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a contract with my employer where in he has agreed to pay me 66K per annum without regard to my working or not. I am here on H1B. I am looking out for clients for my employer since past 3 months, but have not been able to. First 2 months they paid me full salary but now they are...

Ex employer not paying salary- Complaint in DOL [ 5 Answers ]

What happend: I joined NJ base consulting company A and they offered an x amount as aannual salary. They didn't give full month salary but was giving part of it. When enquired about it they said they would give me after an year or when there is an account settlement. So I moved to Company B...

View more questions Search