Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bettyboo18 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Ssdi backpayment and monthly payment!
    :confused: I called social security today and they told my husband that they had sent his claim to Pittsburg but they did tell him that they had came to a dollar mount on how much he will receive each month and how much his backpayment was and it has took them since July 27, 2006 to figuire that much out."I don't know why they sent it to Pittsburg is it to issue him a check or what?" And I have another question they told my husband today on the phone not to sign the kids up on his ssdi until he receives his first check. Is that right or should I call tomorrow and sign the kids up. They will receive a backpayment to I don't know why I should wait on his first check to arrive before signing them up. If anybody know about ssdi please let me know what to do. Thanks allot;)
    Unclem Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo18
    :confused: I called social security today and they told my husband that they had sent his claim to Pittsburg but they did tell him that they had came to a dollar mount on how much he will receive each month and how much his backpayment was and it has took them since July 27, 2006 to figuire that much out."I don't know why they sent it to Pittsburg is it to issue him a check or what?" And I have another question they told my husband today on the phone not to sign the kids up on his ssdi until he receives his first check. Is that right or should I call tomorrow and sign the kids up. They will receive a backpayment to I don't know why I should wait on his first check to arrive before signing them up. If anybody know about ssdi please let me know what to do. Thanks allot;)
    Hello,
    I have been on SS DI since the early 90's.
    Once I received my award letter I called the toll free number for the Social Security Administration. They told me how much back pay I would receive. I then gave them my checking account info including the routing number because I wanted the funds to go directly into my account instead of being mailed. I think I got the funds within 2 months if I remember correctly. I do not see why the kids are entitled to any funds unless he is your ex-husband and if they are minors and living with you. Have him call the toll free number on the award letter. I hope this was helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Delay in monthly period [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me, my age is 28, not married, previously I use to get my montly periods normal on date but past few months after my doctor have given me the tonic tablet to take for 3 months after stoping that tablet, my monthly period is delay by one month or one & half month, and because of...

Ssi and ssdi [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if a privet person sue you when you are on ssi and ssdi thank you

Ssi&ssdi [ 2 Answers ]

I like to know if you are on ssiand ssdi can some one sue you and to hold are checks thank you

Minimum monthly roth ira contribution? [ 1 Answers ]

For most roth ira plans, is there a minimum amount of $$ I need to contribute per month? Or can I put in as little each month as I want?

New minimum monthly credit card payment changes Oct. 1st, 2005 [ 1 Answers ]

Just a heads up to everyone that carries a balance from month to month on their credit cards. On Oct. 1, 2005 the minimum monthly payment will change from 2% of your outstanding balance to 4% of your outstanding balance. An example is that if you owe say $10,000.00 your current minimum payment is...

View more questions Search