Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 26, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Flourscent celing fixture
    Hey thanks for helping !

I work in an office that has many floursecent ceiling fixtures and one fixtures four bulbs quit lighting.

Opened the drop down and changed all 4 four ft bulbs and they worked in the other fixture.

Though it was a ballast, then noted there was a small red light and another device labeled "inverter/charger made by Lithonia Lighting, model PS300.

Then went to Lithonia's website, noted it a 90 min battery backup that will run one bulb for up to 90 minutes.

Before I go buy another ballast, could it be that the PS300 inverter / charger might be malfunctioning.

Am not an electrician, don't have elec tools, no knowledge.

What would you recommend that I do ? Call an electrician ? Ha Ha.

Seriously is there an easy cheap fix?

Thanks,

Richard.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 06:24 PM
    The Lithonia unit is an special battery/inverter to act as a ballast/powersupply for emergency lighting. Costs approximately $70-80, and will take a normal service call charge to replace. Not sure what area your in, could be $50-100.

Be careful, if the other ballast has a red or pink label, then the voltage is 277 volts, if blue, then 120 volts. You are probably not allowed to do your own electrical work in a commercial building anyway, so hire a pro.

Contact a service electrical contractor, set up an account, as you will need ballasts and emergency ballasts, sockets etc. replaced every so often.

Not sure what many means, if your talking a 100 or more fixtures, try a lighting maintenance contractor. You may be interested in a lighting maintenance contract to maintain your lighting.

If you would like to know more, let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celing fan pull switch [ 8 Answers ]

I have a stacked switch that will hold 8 wires there were 2 black 1 grey 1green and 1 purple. Some one replaced it and got it wired wrong the fan stayed on low and the switch would not effect it. I took and old single layer switch from another fan touched the black to each wire to find the speeds...

Painting an unfinished basement celing [ 3 Answers ]

Any advice on painting an unfinished basement ceiling. I did read the posts about spraying But what type of paint wshould be used to cover the wiring, ducts etc as well as the joists etc. Has anyone tried this apporach. It is popular in commercial spaces and I have seen it in a few basement...

Hampton bay celing fan [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a hampton bay redington IV ceiling fan w lights. I can get the lights to work with the remote, but I can't get the fan to work manually or with the remote.

Hampton Celing Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question, I just got a new hampton celieng fan. I tried to look for a service number and HA! None to be found, so I figured I could trust the guys here. I installed the fan and separate light kit, the lights work, and I can hear the fan motor working but the fan blades do not work...

Mounting a new celing fan [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just moved into a new home and trying to mount a celing fan in the bedroom.The builder have already installed a wired mounting, so I had no problem mounting the fn, but wiring is another story! There are 3 outlets coming out of the wiring housing: First have 1 purple, 1 yellow and 1 white...

View more questions Search