Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gingerrogers77 Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Sep 2, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Window Purchase
    Hi There:

We are currently trying to use the $2500 tax refund on purchasing new windows in Tampa, Florida. We are new at this! We have 6 windows and 2 sets of sliding glass doors (one 9ft/other 6ft), and a front door to be replaced.

Can any of you out there give us advice on what to expect, who to trust, pricing, and financing? Is there a reputable company we should look into??

Thanks for your time!! :)
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 06:10 AM

Shop around, get several proposals. Get references,contact previous customers, then actually go look at the work. Twenty five hundred dollars is not going to go very far toward replacing 6 windows and two sliding doors. It might replace the 9' slider.
    cyberheater Posts: 321, Reputation: 12

Sep 6, 2009, 07:26 AM

Chiming in.

I have installed windows so here is my own advice on this.

Cheaper is NOT always a savings. Make sure you have them measure your windows, and if you are - make sure someon double checks your measurements that knows how to do it.

Are this replacement windows, or new full installation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examp [ 10 Answers ]

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examples

Gapco window leaking.replacement part or whole new window? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have Gapco windows in my 1994 townhome and the small hard rubber flat part along the bottom of the window that is to keep out rain water has shrunk and now lets water leak in during a rain. Can I replace that piece or do I need a whole new window? Thanks so much for your advice. ...

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Bad car purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I NEED HELP. I just bought a 745i 2002 and paid just under 30k for a 7 year term. I do not want the car anymore and the dealership said its too late for them to take it back. The car runs mechanically fine, but there are just too many imperfections about the vehicle and I feel I paid way too much...

View more questions Search