Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Sep 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
    File Transfer via Bluetooth
    I have been using a Blue Soleil Bluetooth dongle successfully to transfer files/photos from my Nokia mobile phone to my Quantum desktop PC running Win XP Home SP3, with no problems. I now have an Acer laptop running Vista, and I bought another Blue Soleil dongle, so I can transfer files between them.

Both computers can 'discover' each other (and the Nokia). File transfer works fine from the desktop to the laptop, but NOT the other way for some reason. On the desktop, a 'Remote Shared Folder' window opens, but there are NO files or folders visible in it, and there is just a single '\' showing in the address box. I have set the laptop's Service Properties to Share the folder 'C:\Users\Public' - I'm sure I've enable file sharing, but my desktop just doesn't seem to see it.

I just can't see why it still seems invisible to the desktop. Any ideas anyone ?
    Bill-K Posts: 54, Reputation: 16

Sep 1, 2009, 07:42 PM
    OK. well, I uninstalled both Blue Soleil programs, then checked which was the most recent version. It turned out that the one I bought EARLIER was the most recent - NOT the one I bought recently!! So, I re-installed on both computers, using the more recent version, and my desktop can now see the Public Folder on my laptop.

That will do fine for me. If I can't get it to see 'My Documents' then I'll at least be able to dump my transfer stuff in the Public Folder. So, the problem is solved, as far as I'm concerned!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct file transfer: PC to PC [ 4 Answers ]

I want to transfer a lot of files from one PC to another as there is a fault with the source unit that needs to be fixed 'off-site' (another story). Both PC's are similar spec and use Windows XP Prof. I do not have any wireless equipment so would need a cable connection if that is possible. What is...

How to file taxes if under visa transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I transferred my h1b visa, I want to inquire on the ff: 1. Requirements from my previous employer for filling the taxes 2. Requirements from my present employer for filling the taxes 3. When would be the filling of the taxes Regards, cap_ece

Downloading video for file transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am trying to dowload me playing my piano on a free life stle web site etribes. I have filmed myself on a video camera and transferred it to a dvd via a dvd player/burner. I have loaded it into my laptop a toshiba-equium A100-147, but I can't get the machine to down load the...

View more questions Search