Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peggy-Walt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Evict a tentent
    My rental property is in Indiana and I have tentent who has not paid for 2 months. How do I go about evicten him and also get my money?

Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2006, 06:42 AM
    Indiana does not specify the exact number of days to give on the initial notice, so I'd call a local attorney and ask. Typically, a law office will answer a simple question like that over the phone.

Attached is a copy of the notice that we use. In Ohio, the required number of days to give them is 3. If they're not out on the 4th day, we can file the eviction.

Some states are quite picky about the language that must be on this notice... so you might try Staples/OfficeMax/OfficeDepot's forms section where they might have the right form for your state.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 3-DayBlank.pdf (70.0 KB, 268 views)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 27, 2006, 08:24 AM
    At the top of this forum is a "sticky" with links to L/T laws in most states. Check what the law says about how, where and when to file. Once you have processed and served the eviction, you will still need to get the sheriff's (or similar) office involved to remove the tenant and their possessions if they refuse to leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I need to do to evict a person living in my home ? [ 14 Answers ]

My son lives in a rental property of mine. He allowed a young woman to move in with him. He has asked/told her to move out. She has refused. She does not pay rent and never has - her name is not on the lease. What steps can I take to evict her legally from the premises in the state of...

My roomy has no job can I even proceed to evict? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I need help. I think I'm stuck under California Law. Here's the situation. I own a home. I rent to 2 other individuals. One of which, makes me want to move out! And I own the place! So nutty... So here's the dilemna, I'm wondering if it's even worth it to give a terminate a lease...

Girlfriend who owes me money wants to evict me [ 3 Answers ]

I have lived with my girlfriend for eight years. The house is in her name, and I pay her a monthy rent, plus half of utilites and other such expenses. She is also a student, and I have loaned her significant ammounts of money over the past four years, to help with her school expenses. ...

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

How to evict renters after buying a home [ 4 Answers ]

I am purchasing my mother in-laws home. I am closing in three weeks. If I close on Feb 28th, is it possible for me to evict my mother in-law's current roommate? She has no lease and has been living there since Nov.-05. Can I kick her out on Feb. 28th?

View more questions Search