Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shawnda_18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 08:20 AM
    After Breeding.
    My female mated three times. Every other day But after they got done she peed it happened two out of the three times. Could she still have got pregnant or did she pee all the sperm out ?:confused:
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:29 AM

Good grief.

I am sorry but please take your dog to the vet to be spayed.

Before breeding your dog there are many things to be taken into consideration.

Firstly you must find yourself a breed mentor, someone who has had your breed before, and successfully bred more than one litter.

Second: Your dog needs to be an excellent example of the breed. You need to have either shown your dog and gained its Championship title or at very least researched into the breed standard to determin the quality of your dog.

Third: You need to do extendive health testing of your dog, this can include eye tests, hip scores and other genetic traits.

Fourth: Your dog needs to have a full AKC registred pedigree which can be traced back many generations.

Fifth: The male you are breeding your dog with also must have all off the above.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Sep 1, 2009, 08:30 AM

I'm sorry but if you seriously just asked that question then you are absolutely in no way ready to be breeding dogs.

Breeding dogs is more then just a male and female + cute little puppies or $$.

It should be left to reputable breeders with the knowledge, finances and quality dogs.

The kindest thing to do for your dog is to go get a mis-mate shot and have her spayed.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:34 AM

Sorry I have to ask this question, but is the mis-mate shot like plan B for dogs? I don't even own a dog so don't worry I am not trying to figure out how to be a backyard breeder. Just curious.

Sep 1, 2009, 08:35 AM

Why do you people always have to be smart my dog and her puppies have nothing to do with you so if your no going to answer my question why comment at all what you say doesn't matter to me.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Sorry I have to ask this question, but is the mis-mate shot like plan B for dogs? I don't even own a dog so don't worry I am not trying to figure out how to be a backyard breeder. Just curious.
    Yes, it's an injection that stops the pregnancy.
    It only works if done within 72 hours of the mating, the earlier you get it done the more effective it is.
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnda_18 View Post
    why do you people always have to be smart my dog and her puppies have nothing to do with you so if your no going to answer my question why comment at all what you say doesnt matter to me.
    Then welcome to the world of backyard breeding.

I am sorry but I have a moral obligation not to answer this question with any information other than what I have already provided.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:45 AM

I never knew that existed that is pretty cool.

Shawnda_18 let me explain something for you. The people on here care about animals very much. When someone breeds a dog or cat who is not a real breeder it breaks their hearts. They know what happens to these puppies and kittens someone takes them in they can't keep them and then off to the shelter or a kill shelter.

They are trying to do two things stop the over population of dogs and cats in shelters and to stop the killing of innocent dogs and cats because people think it is cute that their dog or cat is having babies.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Sep 1, 2009, 09:39 AM

Breeding dogs is not a "trial and error" sort of thing. "Error" could easily result in the life of the mother and or puppies. If you do not know what you are doing then the potential for tragedy is high. This is not including the automatic deaths of innocent puppies already in shelters by default because of the uneducated breeding that took place. The well being of every single dog and puppy is of my concern.

This OP and others like her with this attitude and level, or should I say lack of, knowledge is exactly why millions of pets die every year.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 09:47 AM
    why do you people always have to be smart my dog and her puppies have nothing to do with you so if your no going to answer my question why comment at all what you say doesnt matter to me.
    The fact is, if you're a breeder then you should know the answer to this question already. The fact that you don't shows us that your dog and her potential pups are in a great deal of trouble.

Do you know what a backyard breeder is? You should look it up because that's what you are.

Backyard breeders and puppymills are responsible for the over breeding of dogs. They are the reason that so many dogs are euthanized every year.

I know you think that it's only one litter, but that fact is, so does everyone else that allows their dog to breed.

Spend a day at the humane society helping put down the dogs that cannot find homes, maybe then you'll understand.

If that doesn't help, take a look at these pictures. Statistics show that at least 1 of the 3 dogs I'm posting will never find their forever home.

Attachment 24092

Attachment 24093

Attachment 24094

Which one deserves to die because you want to breed?

I know you don't want to hear it, but those are the facts. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.
    AuntSwee Posts: 131, Reputation: 19

Sep 1, 2009, 11:30 AM

I used to be as bad as Shawnda18 sorry girl I have to agree with the others here. I had to take a litter of pups to the vet because my neighbors poisoned them and the mother. I also had way to many cats because "I could not afford to get them spayed or nutetered." Now ALL my animals are fixed including the males. I am down to one dog and 4 cats all are old and sassy. My two males dogs died of old age first time in my life I have had animals die of natural causes. My animals now live very long and happy lives. Yes puppies are cute but a lot of work. Do you have the money for an emergency C-section should God forbid she have problems? How about checking to make sure there are NO fleas which can kill babies? Not to mention the shots all of the puppies are going to need? I was young once and did not listen to people who knew what they were talking about. The bad thing for me was I knew the answer to the question you are asking, I grew up on a ranch, and worked on many other ranches so yes we do get upset. So to answer your question maybe and maybe not. Please just don't do it again. Please, please get her fixed.

Sep 1, 2009, 12:35 PM
    Blah blah blah... wutever I didn't even read half of the stuff yawl said.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 01:32 PM
    blah blah blah.....wutever i didnt even read half of the stuff yawl said.
    Well, I see where your heart is.

I really hope that your dog is all right, after all, what you're doing, with your apparent lack of breeding skills, could kill her.

I sincerely hope that doesn't happen. I also hope that the puppies don't suffer because of your greed.

Good luck to you, but mostly to your dog.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 01:54 PM
    If you didn't read what was said then why are you even on here posting a response. The people on here answering your questions are people that know what they're talking about. If you think you can come here and get the answers you want to hear, you're in the wrong place. Here you're going to get educated, honest answers.

I feel sorry for your dog. It doesn't sound like you have any idea what you're doing and that's sad. It's even more sad that you don't care and aren't taking these answers seriously.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Why don't you just shoot the dog? It would be kinder than what you want to do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 03:03 PM

In view of you not knowing the difference between the dog's vagina and her urinary tract I can only assume you DID read the answers but couldn't understand them. I do notice you can barely write and I can only guess that reading and writing go together. To quote you: "Could she still have got pregnant?" My suggestion is that you spend less time on the Internet and more time in school.

When you have sex and "pee" afterward, do you "pee" the sperm out? Is that the method of birth control that works for you? I hope so for the sake of the World.

At any rate - if you have no interest in the answers then stop posting and the thread will die.

Otherwise I will assume that you live under a bridge with all the other trolls.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 01:22 AM

Shawnda, if you could answer my questions in the first post, and answer them truthfully I would be happy to help you with your litter.

Until you have satisfied those criteria though you will be lucky to find someone to help you other than to say "get your dog spayed immediately"

You need to understand the consequences of what you are doing...

Do have $3000 sitting around or in your bank account?
    That is how much it will cost you to have an emergency c-section if your b*tch gets into trouble whelping.
    Not to mention problems afterwards such as mastitis, infection etc..

Do you know what to do if a puppy is born not breathing?

Do you know how to tie off an umbilical cord correctly?

It's far from a case of "she's a dog, she knows what to do"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat breeding [ 3 Answers ]

My 3 year old Chinchilla Persian was in heat since last Monday. I was not going to let her have any babies but then my friends are asking for her kittens so I decided to let her have one litter before I spay her. After a few days of looking for a stud, I found one today and it's been a week...

Dog breeding [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that if a dog has puppies and then you keep one if you mate the puppy with the father does this make the blood line thick meaning does it make a better breed or does this cause problems as it does in humans

Dog breeding. [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a toy fox terrier have to be before she can have puppies?

Dog breeding [ 6 Answers ]

18 months ago a women my wife works with was selling 2 male pure breed Daschound puppies. She said they were $600 a piece or both for $1000. When we agreed to buy the dogs they added that we would give them two free breeds (matting sessions). One with each dog. We gave them $800 with the rest...

Breeding [ 2 Answers ]

When the female comes in heat is it best to keep her in her familiar environment Or should we take her to the stud

View more questions Search