Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meiif Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Renew my passport in Portugal
    I will go to Portugal in Oct, can I renew my passport in Lisboa? And, where should I go after get there?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 06:03 AM

You should get your passport renewed before you ravel if it's going to expire within the next 6 months. But to answer your question - go to the American embassy or consulate in Portugal. See:

Passports - U.S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal
    Alfama Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2009, 06:04 AM

Hi Meiif, Before an answer can be given to your question there's some questions I must ask you.
    (1) What nationality are you?
    (2) Are you going to Portugal for an holiday or to live and work there.
    (3)Are you a Portuguese citizen returning to your home land.
    An answer to these questions will enable me to offer some advice. Alfama.

Sep 1, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    You should get your passport renewed before you ravel if it's going to expire within the next 6 months. But to answer your question - go to the American embassy or consulate in Portugal. See:

Passports - U.S. Embassy Lisbon, Portugal

Thank you! Ebanies...

Sep 1, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfama View Post
    Hi Meiif, Before an answer can be given to your question there's some questions I must ask you.
    (1) What nationality are you?
    (2) Are you going to Portugal for an holiday or to live and work there.?
    (3)Are you a Portuguese citizen returning to your home land.?
    An answer to these questions will enable me to offer some advice. Alfama.
    Thank you Alfama!
    1) I was born in Macau, also Portuguese nationality.
    2) I am living in UK, will travel in Portugal on next month. However, I think it would be easier to renew my passport in Lisbon.
    3) I think 4 days in Lisbon should be enough including this.
    Alfama Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Sep 1, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meiif View Post
    Thank you Alfama!
    1) I was born in Macau, also Portuguese nationality.
    2) I am living in UK, will travel in Portugal on next month. However, I think it would be easier to renew my passport in Lisbon.
    3) I think 4 days in Lisbon should be enough including this.
    Ola Meiif,Your answers simplyfies the situation. Yes it would be easier to renew your passport in Lisboa, usually takes about 24hrs so you'll have ample time if your stay is only for 4 days. It would take you about 6 weeks if you tried to renew it at the consulate in London. Boa Tarde e Boa Sorte. Alfama.
    Venusworld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Hi meiif, I want to renew the portugal passport and I am macau citizen and live in UK at the moment, can you tell me more about the details of the renew passport, such as which doc I need to prepare, do I need to take the photo, how many days I can get it, the contact number and add lisboa, thanks a lot, my e-mail is >E-mail Removed<
    PaulaDC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
    Hi there all
    Have the same dilemma and wanted to know did it work with having a UK residential address but renewing Portuguese passport in Portugal, what documents do they require? Being trying to find this info out for ages so hopefully someone can assist.
    Thanks - Paula
    shanrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 08:51 AM
    I'm here in portugal tourist my visa will expire tomorrow after 3months of staying here I'm planning to stay here more months so I needed to renew my visa. What requirements and documents I need? Thanks in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portugal passport [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have applied for portuguesse passport 3 years ago at the portuguese consulate in goa, all my documents are translated and processed, I have got my crc no and still not got my process no, I've paid all necessary document fees and have attached all the certificate like my birth, marriage,...

Portugal passport? [ 2 Answers ]

1) I have a portugal passport which will expire on the 25 of October 2009, can I still use it to Travel? Is there valid date that I can not use before the expire date, example: six month before the expire date? 2) If I want to renew the Portugal passport but I live in australia, where...

Can I get a portugal passport [ 3 Answers ]

My father is Portuguese and I was born in zimbabwe together with my young brother, the thing is me and my young brother we all have zimbabwean birth certificates using my father's surname. We don't know whether our dad is still alive or he is long dead, my father and my mum where just a boyfriend...

Portugal passport [ 1 Answers ]

I will like to know the procedure for renewing portugal passport

View more questions Search