Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olivia600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 03:26 AM
    My boss is always drunk at work
    My boss is always drunk at work. I have complained to his superiors, for nearly a year. I am so stressed out, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. What can be done about this situation? I need my job, but I am also tired of being sick (stressed out) all the time. Please note, the boss's superiors, are also his parents. Please help, I don't know what else to do... Thanks everyone.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 04:28 AM

Hello o:

There's NOTHING else to do. Quit.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2009, 12:27 PM

If he is a professional such as a lawyer, etc. then I would complain to the proper professional association in your state. If he is just say a manager with no professional license, then basically you are stuck with an alki as a boss unless you quit.

Right now jobs are few and far between. Be sure to have another job lined up before you quit.

Having mommy and daddy as the owners and sonny as the drunk - complaining to them is not going to get you anywhere except shown the door and told to leave.
    stati0n Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 07:27 AM

I agree with Excon. And, Having been in a similar situation, I would advise getting fired so that you have a better shot at collectiong UI benefits.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stati0n View Post
    I agree with excon. And, Having been in a similar situation, I would advise getting fired so that you have a better shot at collectiong UI benefits.
    Or what is more sensible, looking for new employment, turning in a two week notice.

With times as they are although she could collect unemployment with your plan, a gap in an employment history can make reemployment much more difficult.
    YankeesWin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 10:08 PM
    In most states it is illegal for a boss to be inebriated and fire anyone. Your recourse is to contact your local workforce agency and notify them of the situation. In Texas your boss would be fwacked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boss discuss getting back to work with insurance adjuster [ 2 Answers ]

I ripped cartlidge in my wrist.the dr. didn't want me working for four weeks at least when I called my boss to let them know he told me flat out that he will tell workman comp adjuster he has something I can do without using my left arm.insurance adjuster faxed to my dr. that my boss said I just...

Drunk boss [ 3 Answers ]

I work at a bar, I am the main bartender and I do my job very well, I've never had a complaint or made a major mistake (when I first started, I did make some mistakes (very few) but now I'm a pro!! I come in early every day and I show up on my days off when I'm called in. I have never called in...

What to do? Boss loves you boss hates yeah girl? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys So I'm going out with a chick I work with I know I know not the best :) But hey. Anyway I really like this one she seems to give me what I need. Now if the boss likes you but not her. What do you do? Not much right If she gets kicked do I go with her or stay at my job? This...

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

My boss won't let me come back to work. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been off work for a month due to surgery,the doctor gave me a note saying I can return to work but on light duty for the first two weeks. My boss won't let me return to work until I am all better. I am a cashier and most of my work is light duty type work, the heavy stuff has been done by...

View more questions Search