Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralyanna Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Inheritance/last will
    My father is an us citizen and he was married in the state of massachusets (brockton) 3 years ago. His wife is a dutch citizen. My father recently died (11th aug) in the usa.

We are five children and we need to find out if he has a last will.

Also we need to know what the law says about the period they had to be married before she is intitled to an inheritance.

Where can we find more information about these subjects?

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance By A Son [ 10 Answers ]

My Brother is late but has a son ouyside the USA born by a Woman married to him by African customary law. How can this boy get an inheritance from his estate and death benefits since a woman claims to be his wife. How can this boy benefit so that he does not go through life deprived?

Inheritance tax [ 2 Answers ]

My father passed away in Cleveland, Ohio. He had a bank account with $100,000 in it. I will be receiving this money . I live in California. Will I have to pay taxes on the money when I receive it?

Inheritance law [ 1 Answers ]

The decedent died 10/12/2004/ in New York without Will. The decedent was not survived by spouse, issue, parents, brothers or sisters or their issue, or grandparents, except cousin (1) he's alive. The decedent had cousin (2) who died 02/05/2004/. Cousin (2) 's daughter died 03/10/2002. May son of...

Inheritance tax [ 3 Answers ]

I received an inheritance and need to know if I must pay IRS taxes on it? The attorney sent a K-1 and informed me to contact my accountant. Whatever was to be paid , was not and not H & R block states a penelty is due.I believe there is not an inheritance tax in California.

Inheritance [ 2 Answers ]

I have just received a cash inheritance of $49,900. The inheritance tax was already paid prior to the distribution. I can't seem to get an answer as to whether I have to pay both Federal tax and Maryland State tax. I was also told to hold 1/3 back for state tax in MD. Can anyone clarify for me...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.