Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralyanna Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Inheritance and family law
    My father is an us citizen and he was married in the state of massachusets (brockton) 3 years ago. His wife is a dutch citizen. My father recently died (11th aug) in the usa.

We are five children and we need to find out if he has a last will.

Also we need to know what the law says about the period they had to be married before she is intitled to an inheritance.

Where can we find more information about these subjects?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 01:48 AM

The day she became his legal spouse is the day she became entitled to his inheritance. As for last will, well, if he had a lawyer would be a good place to start, unless you start searching his papers to find out.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hiding Family Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

My Dad is 80 now and my sister and brother are keeping everything from me even his health good or bad. I am the oldest and need to know what to do now to preserve the family assets. He is in Florida and I am in California. No one even told me when my mother died. Looks fishy to me. What are they...

California Family Inheritance Law [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My father passed away three years ago with no will or living trust. He didn't have any stocks or monies left except for a house that he and my mom owned. A year after he died, she transferred the ownership of the house only to her name without telling my sister and me. She is now living...

View more questions Search