Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baldbarry43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 10:57 PM
    Travelling from Ghana to australia
    I have a friend who tried to board a plane as a Ghanian citezen to travel to australia on a tourist visa and was told by Ghana immigration service that she must first have $4000 U.S. to travel with before she could leave. Is this a true scenario
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 12:12 AM

100% SCAM!!

In every country immigration Officers will never stop any outbound passengers no matter they are citizens of that country or not.

Rate of approval for Australia visitor's visas in Ghana is equivalent to zero. Where does the Australian Embassy locate? Does she really have a visa? How did she get one? She must have at least $20K in her bank account otherwise she would not be able to obtain a visa. If she has that kind of $$, she should not be asking for $4K. Etc.

Ask her all these questions... and you'll find out the truths.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghana passport fee for Ghana citizens [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know,the cost of a Ghanaian citizen is required to pay in Ghana,when applying for a new passport,for the first time, The person resides in Tema,and does he need to travel to Accra,to apply for a passport.

Travelling alone! [ 3 Answers ]

Just after Christmas I am travelling from Australia to Europe alone (I am 16 years old). Although I have travelled that distance before it has never been without my parents. I am fine with the flight itself and being away from home but I am rather worried about the stopover(s). I am scared that...

Travelling on OPT [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I am going to complete my studies in Dec.-2008.. And, after that I want to go to India.. and also want to return to USA.. So what should I need to do.. Is it possile to return on OPT? IF yes, then when should I apply for OPT.. Can I travel with new I-20 for other course as I'll be...

View more questions Search