Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 11, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Nicckicute, did they must have taken the Hollywood Secrets cream off the market now since it can no longer be found in the search engines.
    What were the active ingredients?
    I'm not sure what the active ingredients were, that was so long ago.
    But it was a nice cream while it lasted.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Sep 11, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilgreg1 View Post
    My general assumption is that tanning is not permanent, and uses your natural ability (melanocytes) to darken. It's impossible to lighten your skin however without the use of some form of third party substance, most of which are very strong and dangerous.

Some examples? Mercury, etc. which were used back in the day. They still present a "bad reputation" to most people I assume, especially with the thought of being very toxic.
    But then we all know the dangers of excessive tanning, where you may bring on skin cancer, but there are people out there who will continue regardless of the dangers, until it becomes an issue. They are giving the warnings, but it isn't a case of why are you tanning and trying to change yourself.

And everyone says you look good with your tan, but where is you look good with your lighter skin colour. Surely we are kind of meeting in the middle.

Sep 11, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    I'm not sure what the active ingredients were, that was so long ago.
    But it was a nice cream while it lasted.
    Isn't it always the way that the good stuff just disappears?

I still miss the old herbalinn. The best cream ever. My skin looked absolutely fantastic when I used it. I actually still have a couple of jars left but am too scared to use it, because I won't be able to maintain the results.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 11, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    isn't it always the way that the good stuff just disappears?

I still miss the old herbalinn. The best cream ever. My skin looked absolutely fantastic when I used it. I actually still have a couple of jars left but am too scared to use it, cos I won't be able to maintain the results.
    I know the old one was crap it done nothing for me

Sep 11, 2009, 10:24 AM

I don't mean the one from salha. It was before her and was brilliant. I don't know of anyone, who it didn't wok for. In fact, when it disappeared, people were trying to obtain samples to try and recreate it and find out what made it so good.

Sep 11, 2009, 10:44 AM
    I don't mean the one from salha. It was before her and was brilliant. I don't know of anyone, who it didn't wok for. In fact, when it disappeared, people were trying to obtain samples to try and recreate it and find out what made it so good.
    I mean the new one was crap (my bad)
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Sep 11, 2009, 02:44 PM
    But then we all know the dangers of excessive tanning, where you may bring on skin cancer, but there are people out there who will continue regardless of the dangers, until it becomes an issue. They are giving the warnings, but it isn't a case of why are you tanning and trying to change yourself.

And everyone says you look good with your tan, but where is you look good with your lighter skin colour. Surely we are kinda meeting in the middle.
    There are always extremists within every group; and once again, I understand your point of view and conclude that it is all biased. My explanation for people's general bias assumptions are that of natural versus artificial change.

Everyone can tan, and most (if not all) people in their lifetime will become tanned or sunburned. How many people within an ethnic group turn out becoming lighter (naturally without use of third party factors) in terms of shade when compared to shades darkening through tanning? Less than 5-10%.

There's nothing wrong with looking better in a different shade color, and I personally have nothing against it. What I'm trying to explain here is the psychological conclusion skin lightening produces on people who witness other people performing such. It's biased, but it's also how we as humans react.

Oh, and of course, who can forget the "He/she doesn't embrace their natural skin color", or "they do not approve of their own ethnicity". Yes, it's wrong and biased, but you cannot do anything about it. As humans, only people who've experienced something themselves can relate to something and provide explanation or reasoning without psychological fortification.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2009, 07:56 PM
    True, it could also be seen as a type of double standard in relation to skin tone and to altering it.

Maharani, what was the difference between the old herbal inn and the new one? I heard there were several going around?

Sep 12, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Yes I would like to know too, I was so pissed about the new one. It took forever to receive it and no one would ever answer the phone when I would call. I never even finished using the BS.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 12, 2009, 08:44 AM
    What was Herbal Inn made of?
    Whenever I asked any of the old Herbal Inn users what were the ingredients no one knew:confused: I often wondered was it a natural lightener or did it have hydroquinone in it?

I was not around on the lightening boards when the whole Herbal Inn craze was in, I came after, it was already gone (original formula). So I never got to try or see what the cream was about myself.

Sep 12, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Whenever I asked any of the old Herbal Inn users what were the ingredients no one knew:confused: I often wondered was it a natural lightener or did it have hydroquinone in it?

I was not around on the lightening boards when the whole Herbal Inn craze was in, I came after, it was already gone (original formula). So I never got to try or see what the cream was about myself.
    I no longer have the bottle. I did have it beneath my bath sink but I've moved so it was tossed. So I don't have the ingredients. I do know that the hype was mainly over the BENZYL ARBUTIN. My bottle and the label even looked cheaply made.

Sep 12, 2009, 03:49 PM
    True, it could also be seen as a type of double standard in relation to skin tone and to altering it.

Maharani, what was the difference between the old herbal inn and the new one? I heard there were several going around?
    It just worked 100 %. I have never used something so good and I have tried hundreds of skin lightening products. This was the best.

Sep 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

I have my doubts that this was an all natural lighterner, but it was marketed as such. From memory they stated B3 or niacinmide as the main active ingredient. I don' t think it had HQ in it, as there was never any browning and it was a milky cream. My skin just looked so healthy when I used it. But once again, the way the cream just disappeared makes me wonder why, especially as it had such wonderful results.

Sep 12, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by so sexy View Post
    I no longer have the bottle. I did have it beneath my bath sink but i've moved so it was tossed. So I don't have the ingredients. I do know that the hype was mainly over the BENZYL ARBUTIN. My bottle and the label even looked cheaply made.
    The new herbalinn was using the name of the old herbalinn because it knew that there were so many satisfied customers with the old version and everyone was desperate to get hold of the original product.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2009, 04:27 PM
    Wow, I see. About a month back I was trying to figure out more about this benzyl arbutin and of it really lightens. So, I had emailed several U.S. manufacturers and asked them did they carry benzil arbutin and what it was exactly. None of them were able to explain because they said they never even heard of it. Because I thought if this was a real lightener maybe I could at least get my hands on it and mix it in my lotion.

Herbal inn calls it "Aromatized Arctostaphylos" which I found no results, so it must be just a made up name they created. I know that "Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi" is bearberry leaf extract which is something different from what their referring to and this is a skin lightener. Other common names for Bearberry are Bearberry, Kinnikinick, Mealberry, Hog Cranberry, and Sandberry.

I do know that Niacinamide (vit. B3) can help the lightening process a little especially along with more potent lighteners, but it is not able to lighten dramatically. So, my guess is that this new herbal inn takes some parts of truth and mix it with false claims in order to sell. There must have been something else in it that made it work before that they probably weren't allowed to use?

Sep 12, 2009, 07:03 PM
    wow, I see. About a month back I was trying to figure out more about this benzyl arbutin and of it really lightens. So, I had emailed several U.S. manufacturers and asked them did they carry benzil arbutin and what it was exactly. None of them were able to explain because they said they never even heard of it. Because I thought if this was a real lightener maybe I could at least get my hands on it and mix it in my lotion.

Herbal inn calls it "Aromatized Arctostaphylos" which I found no results, so it must be just a made up name they created. I know that "Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi" is bearberry leaf extract which is something different from what their referring to and this is a skin lightener. Other common names for Bearberry are Bearberry, Kinnikinick, Mealberry, Hog Cranberry, and Sandberry.

I do know that Niacinamide (vit. B3) can help the lightening process a little especially along with more potent lighteners, but it is not able to lighten dramatically. So, my guess is that this new herbal inn takes some parts of truth and mix it with false claims in order to sell. There must have been something else in it that made it work before that they probably werent allowed to use?
    Yes I heard the same that it was something that no one has heard of.
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Oct 3, 2009, 08:08 AM

Hey golden girl.. I don't mind sending yo my pics at all.. because a couple of people on this forum have..

Offline solicitation is some warning given to me by the askmehelpdesk which discourages me from possibly speaking to you off this forum.. I have received an infraction for it and can't risk to get another one..

The forum is simply too helpful to lose my ability to come back to it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Why not post part of your picts here in a post, not the whole photos, but partial.
    cutenose Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Ughhhhhh. Golden I know exactly what you're going through. I was in such an awkward situation the other day. I went to the store. And the guy working the cash register was flirting with me. Well when I handed him my ID for the purchase. He looked at my picture on my ID card where I was OBVIOUSLY several shades darker. Then looked back at me. Then looked back at the card. Lol. He either probably thought I stole someone's ID OR.... That I had bleached the hell out of my skin. Or maybe the picture was just in bad lighting? Lol. Either way. It was an awkward situation. And right now I'm just hoping it hurries up and gets cooler outside. My face, neck, and hands lighten dramatically faster than my arms and legs. So I usually avoid wearing shorts. But I do wear mini skirts often but with sheer black tights so no one can really see the color of my legs. But I feel so weird. My arms are noticeably darker than my face and neck and hands. :(
    Hey Brown deceit:)

What product are you using on your face? Did it really lighten you so many shades? Hw long did it take to see results?

Thanks;)
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 6, 2009, 08:28 AM

I used Christaline. There are several threads where I am discussing this. Before you ask a question, search around on the board first. Everyone is talking about Christaline and I've even made 2 threads about it. It's not that hard to find. If you don't use the forum that often I understand, but now you know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother's excuse-filled boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

All right, this is going to probably be a long story so I would really appreciate it if you stick with it until the end! I will try not to make it confusing. My mother met a man online around January. He was originally from Ohio but had moved to Florida to work installing plumbing. When my mom...

I need an excuse [ 2 Answers ]

Wasn't sure whether to put in under this topic Anyway I've been trying to find somewhere to go out tonight and I've been complaining how boring my night will be if I don't do something, to someone. Now that person has asked me to go out to some really bad thing and I don't want to go. So how...

Long Distance Relationship Excuse [ 8 Answers ]

Ladies, this one is for you. Do women use "I'm involved with someone in a long distance relationship" as a way of letting a guy know that she's just not interested?

He says he doesn't trust me. Is this an excuse to break up? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello.. I'm a 27 year old female involved in a relationship that has me going out of my mind... We have lived on the same neighborhood all of our lives. He got married then divorced and went back to his parents. I got married at 22 but then got involved (while still married) with my divorced...

Good excuse for violating probation [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed the last 2 months of reporting for probation. Now I at my last appointment and I need a very good excuse as to why I haven't reported the past 2 months. Is there one?

View more questions Search