Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 04:42 PM
    Wedding Themes?
    What are all of the wedding themes that you can think of, or have seen?. other than the Haiwain them. I'm helping with planning a wedding and my friend wants one of the colors to be green, so I am considering a soft metallic light green along with maybe a peach or gold? I am also considering incorporating peacock feathers somehow, as they are beautiful, includes green, and are unique to a wedding. Any ideas on themes? The budget s small.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 31, 2009, 04:48 PM

what venue you end up picking will make a large part of the decision. Since it's going to be in the spring, why not play that up a bit?

fake flowers can be used just as well as real for decorating, and people can keep center pieces if they want to ^_^
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 05:03 PM
    I'm still considering a park. I am strongly considering fake flowers and now looking on the Walmart and Michaels websites for this... even the Dollar store.
    The D-Tales Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2009, 09:23 AM

The Perfect Palette: For Bridetide: Halloween Inspiration

I love this site for color schemes and specific ideas to use.
    Bet you can find a ton to use!!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 14, 2009, 01:29 PM

My only "theme" was the colors I used. (Sage green & White with silver accents)

The park and reception area we used both happened to have ponds and old water wheel mills, so it gave the impression of an antique theme but we didn't spend a dime (other than rental of the space) buying extras for that theme.

If you have colors you love - run with it - and pick a particular flower and that can just as easily become a subtle theme.

Honestly, I've never been to a wedding with a real obvious theme... other than one Halloween bash where we all dressed up :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 02:22 PM
    http://daily.wedshare.com/wp-content...iration-lg.jpg

http://durhamregion.typepad.com/.a/6...34f3970b-500wi

http://ladolcevitaweddings.files.wor...7/peacock2.jpg

Some peacock themes that come up on Google. I like the fact that a lot of colours work with the peacock feather,pink,blue,green, even white.
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2009, 10:44 PM
    Thanks so much everyone! I will keep you guys update. Wow Firmbeliever where did you find those peacock photos, they are so beautiful!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2009, 11:19 PM
    Hi, Golden_Girl!

I'm wondering why hheath541 thinks the wedding is going to be in the spring? Am I missing something here, like a thread or something else?

Thanks!
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Sep 15, 2009, 06:50 AM

It was said in another thread. I think she was asking for ideas on planning a wedding on a very small budget.
    rizzoeddie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2009, 11:31 AM

A theme that my cousin used and ended up being very beautiful was a "Midummer's Nights Dream" kind of theme. All the Google searches I did on the theme were super tacky, but you could just add element of whimsy to the event. Candlelight dancing in mismatched peacock- hued glass holders, little suprises here and there.
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Clough , yes I posted a question related to this one on how to plan on a tight bidget for my friend in the spring. I would love to have it outside, but I worry if it will rain. So, I will also have to check if there is an indoors option available.

Thanks Rizzoeddie, a "Midummer's Nights Dream" would be so beautiful! I will discuss these ideas to my friend.
    padmapatak Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 10:51 PM
    I feel a beach wedding is something which is memorable all time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by padmapatak View Post
    I feel a beach wedding is something which is memorable all time.
    If you're using the site for advertising, please know that it's against the rules.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need party themes and ideas! [ 6 Answers ]

I love having parties with my friends and fiancé. A friend recommended starting to theme them so they don't become borying. I am just not the type to throw themed parties but I will give it a shot. I need ideas! Help Me! LOL :eek:hahahaha

Themes in TS Eliots Wasteland [ 1 Answers ]

I need articles on the themes in The Wasteland by TS Eliot.:confused:

Themes of wasteland [ 1 Answers ]

Plzzzzz tel me about themes of Wasteland by t.s. eloit

Themes of The Great Gatsby [ 4 Answers ]

What does this theme mean: "Blind Pursuit of an Ideal is Destructive"

Futuristic Chat and Themes [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! Ive got a question for you! I recently went to see the movie Eurotrip at the theatre and in the movie the main character is on some sort of chat line. Ive seen chat lines or themes like this before in movies and really want to install it on my computer... I'm getting sick of the plain old chat...

View more questions Search