Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lscholl Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Severely restricted cold water flow into mobile home
    It started gradually a few months ago, and now we almost no cold water coming into our mobile home (it's only six years old). Seems it must be from our hard water and calcium carbonate build up, but we don't know how to back flush. Should we use water under pressure or compressed air or? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2009, 03:15 PM
    First tell us the source of your water. City or pump? Now how old is your unit? What's the water pipe made of? Back to you, Tom
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 03:39 PM

I'm assuming your hot water pressure is bad also? Do you have any filters or a water softener? Please answer Toms questions and we will do our best to help out. Lee.
    lscholl Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 04:39 PM

Tom and Lee... I hope I'm responding correctly... my computer skills are pitiful!
    It seems to us the biggest mystery is that this is only with the cold water. We have our own well. In case it matters, we pump water 250 ft up a hill to the holding tank, and then gravity feed back down to the house. The mobile home is six yrs old, the pump is old but has recently been inspected and found sound. The water pipe in the house is high-tech flexible tubing that's now being used in new construction. We have neither filters or a water softner. Whew, hope that explains it. Thanks so much again.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 1, 2009, 07:02 PM

This is a mystery. If you have better hot water pressure than cold in all fixtures, then you are getting good cold water supply to water heater, but somewhere before water heater where it branches off to supply other fixtures with cold water there is a problem, check to make sure all valves are completely open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

Duct on bottom of mobile home furnace can I make into cold air intake [ 2 Answers ]

There is a duct on the bottom of my furnace and it says not to block that it can cause an explosion I would like to know if I can make it into a cold air intake for my house trailer seeing how there isn't any cold air returns and it cost me a little more than 400.00 dollars a month for propane and...

Home AC Cold Air but not air flow weak [ 4 Answers ]

The air flow from my home ac unit is not blowing very hard, there is cold air coming out of the vents but the air isn't blowing enough to cool the house. I've had it set at 75 all day and the house temp hasn't gone below 82. What can this be? I have called for service and unforunately they may...

1990 Honda Accord HVAC flow restricted. [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda accord has almost no airflow on any setting heat/cold/fresh/recirc/a/c. Does anybody have any ideas?

View more questions Search