Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stinger22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 09:58 AM
    First time pardon
    As my first time felon offender is there a way I can get it removed and what is the pardon do for me..
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:51 PM

You probably will need an attorney to do this for you. You will also need to be felony and misdemeanor free for at least 10 years after your conviction. Once the proper paperwork is submitted to the judge for an expungement, be prepared to wait at least 6 months or longer for it to be granted. As far as a pardon is concerned, you will definitely need an attorney to file the paperwork for you on this and then be prepared to wait months also.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 07:28 PM

Hello s:

An expungement hides your record. A pardon erases your record. Listen to twink. She knows what's up.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a Maryland Pardon [ 5 Answers ]

I need to get a pardon because 14 years ago I was a dumb 20 yr old kid that got nailed with Transportation of a firearm in Montgomery County Maryland. (not a felony, non-violent, non-sexual, no victims) I was given 18mos probation which I didn't complete successfully (DUMB KID). In the past 12...

My first offender's pardon [ 3 Answers ]

Two years ago I plead guilty in order to receive deferred adjudication and would'nt be charged with the felony. Upon completion I received a First offender's Pardon, but the felony is evidently still on my record as told by employers. Why is this?

First time offender pardon [ 2 Answers ]

What steps do I take to go purchase a fire arm legally; since I have my rights back as a citizen of Louisiana?

Presidential pardon [ 2 Answers ]

When a person is convicted to a term of imprisonment with hard labour and on the course of serving his term the fellow is given a presidential pardon while the case still hang on him. Does a new government own the privilege to reign the same person to court on the same charges.

Trying to get an apartment with a pardon? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend is trying to move out on her own, an she is having a problem due to her stupid, past legal problems. In 1999, she plead guilty to possession with intent to sell, she says that she took te rap for everyone and that's why the charged her with "intent to sell," but that really doesn't...

View more questions Search