Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 08:14 AM
    The Military and aliens
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but you folk seem to have a lot of expertise between you.

I'm writing a science fiction book where aliens come to Earth, hoping to open diplomatic relations. Does anyone know if the military have any standing orders for what to do if aliens do come to Earth?

Based on your experience, what is likely to happen, shoot first and ask questions later, or see what would happen if you allowed them to land in the center of Washington?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen G View Post
    Based on your experience, what is likely to happen, shoot first and ask questions later, or see what would happen if you allowed them to land in the center of Washington?
    Hello E:

We're shooters - not talkers... Didja see the movie, The Day The Earth Stood Still?? I mean the original one, starring Reginald Denny or maybe it was Michael Renny... I think THAT'S exactly how it would happen if a ship landed in the center of Washington.

excon
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 01:51 PM

Even if it came in speaking English? My aliens have learned major languages.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 01:57 PM

Hello again, E:

In the movie, Duane Eddy, or maybe it was Roland Penny, looked human, and spoke perfect English... They STILL shot him.

Yes, he DID bring along a real mean robot, but he didn't come out till Jerrold Benny got shot.

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 07:42 AM

Well, I was kind of hoping for current military response, not the Hollywood version.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 08:03 AM

Here is a link that you may find useful.
    Project Blue Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 03:34 PM

Interesting, and I'll probably incorporate part of it.

I was recently talking to a Marine, who reckoned that they would probably be ordered to proceed with caution, let them land and have lots of guns ready if they do anything hostile.
    airborneranger7 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 04:43 AM

There's no AR(Army Regulation) on "handling" aliens. What you can incorporate however, and I can't believe I'm actually helping you on this, is Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Militarty Justice(UCMJ) which states that punishment will ensue if a subordinate disobeys a LAWFUL order from a superior. But honestly, I hope you realize how long of a shot you were lookin' at for getting an actual, substantial SOP for handling ET. By the way, AR 1234 states if ET shows up, we give him one phone call
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2009, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by airborneranger7 View Post
    By the way, AR 1234 states if ET shows up, we give him one phone call
    Hello ranger:

That's a good un!

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2009, 03:57 PM

Well, my take is that they would be ordered to come out with hand or other appendages up, and to have their documents ready for inspection.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2009, 04:35 PM

They would come in and be invading air space, not have any immigration papers and more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do Aliens exist? [ 24 Answers ]

Hi Guys Just want to know if you guys believe in UFO's and Aliens? What do you guys think about it? Have you guys had any experiences or seen an Alien or UFO? I'm finding a lot of interesting stuff on the net but don't know what to make of it... Regards Shaun G

Little green aliens [ 3 Answers ]

Little green aliens

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

I don't have knowledge about aliens [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Would you mind helping me in this writing assignment about aliens.. BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE ALIENS. Thank you..

View more questions Search