Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RabbitHole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 07:55 AM
    International Travel while on Probaton
    I am on probation for 5 years, got 4 more years to go. My mom is abroad and just got diagnosed with cancer and I have to go see her, she's having surgery in two weeks. What experience has anyone out there on probation had while traveling abroad and returning stateside? I know I need to get permission from my PO, but with such short notice, I don't think I will get it on time. I am not a US citizen, so that is another issue for me; when they run my passport and my green card, what would show up? Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    I am not a US citizen, so that is another issue for me; when they run my passport and my green card, what would show up? Thanks.
    Hello R:

I don't know what they have on their computers at customs, do you? I'm sure it's not Solitaire. Assuming that Homeland Security IS doing their job, even a little bit, I don't think you'll be able to go and come back without getting caught.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:55 PM

If you somehow got out of this country, don't bother coming back as you won't be able to enter without being checked out and when they do check you out the bells on their computers will definitely go off and you will be held for your probation violating hearing in jail.

I doubt that you would get permission from the PO as you are not a US citizen and they would probably think you were going to abscond and not come back.

Call mom on the phone and talk to her instead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International Travel on Probation [ 3 Answers ]

I am on probation that is completed with the month, and I have completed all of my other probation duties and met with my officer my final time. An emergency has come up and I am required to fly to europe for work in 2 days. I don't think I can get clearence with my PO in that time, I think...

International Travel while on OPT [ 1 Answers ]

I am working in the U.S. under OPT and I'd like to travel internationally (Italy) this summer. - applied for H-1B this April 08. - my F-1 visa expired in May 07. I understand EAD does not guarantee the re-entry to the U.S. but is there any way I can just travel under my OPT?

Felony and International Travel [ 10 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction from 2 years ago. I already hold a valid US Passport. I want to travel to Mexico. When I return and check in at immigration will they be able to see I have a felony and left the country without permission? Will they notify my parole? Thanks

View more questions Search