Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PeeWee57 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 06:07 AM
    Camper exhaust
    I have a camper that the furnace exhaust comes out of the trailer on the side we have a screen room. It is impossible to sit there when the furnace is on due to the exhaust.
    My question is can I pipe from the exhaust hole approx 1 1/2" diameter to a 4" exhaust pipe and use an 90 degree elbow at the site and pipe it straight up and through the roof of the screen room. I know it needs to be 4" (at least) but does it need to be insulated pipe?

Thanks in advance, with fall weather coming I would like to complete this project this upcoming weekend.

PeeWee57
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 10:30 AM
    The exhaust blower in the furnace of a camper is only designed to work in free air. By attaching anything to the exhaust will create back pressure and furnace problems.
    PeeWee57 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 10:32 AM

Is there nothing I can do to reroute the exhaust?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Nothing that I would see as safe. I understand the problem but you will be better off turning off the furnace while you are sitting in that outside screen room.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Is much easier to move the screen room
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 31, 2009, 06:34 PM

I agree,, camper furnaces are designed specifically for the camper they are in. Exhaust and intake are not to be modified in any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Camper [ 1 Answers ]

Can I convert my propane refrig in my camper to electric?

Truck camper [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am getting a truck camper (slide in) given to me. My question is will my truck be suitable for using it. I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 laramie with 8 ft. bed and powered by a 360ci. I am sure it has enough power.

Camper shells [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find a camper shell or topper for my truck. What is the right way to measure the bed?

View more questions Search