Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allen51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Yard light troubleshoot
    I just moved to a new residence. The bulbs in the mercury vapor yard lights do not go on but only glow. I replaced one of the bulbs and again it only glowed. Any suggestions as to what is wrong ?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2009, 02:46 AM
    The ballast may be defective. Cheaper and easier to buy a new fixture.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Consider one of the fluorescent yard lights. They are very cost-effective, brighter than you may think, and the flourescents have a long life. Less than $40 - 50 at most. Any home center should have it.
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2009, 11:33 PM

I replaced all my light bulbs inside and out with fluorescent ones and are very happy with the results both brightness and reduced cost.

I like the daylight ones especially in my office because at 73 years old my monitor is getting dim for some reason or another. Well I guess that is another question for some forum "Why is my monitor getting dim? Could it be my age or my lighting?.
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2009, 02:57 PM
    It's both, age of you and the monitor. (trust me I know)
    Get a flat screen monitor when you replace it, much brighter and sharper, and get one large enough to make it easy to read. I bought a 19" last year and am very happy with it.
    TGMcCallie Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    It's both, age of you and the monitor. (trust me I know)
    Get a flat screen monitor when you replace it, much brighter and sharper, and get one large enough to make it easy to read. I bought a 19" last year and am very happy with it.
    This was just a joke. My monitor is not 73years old, I am. So it must be my eyes.

I have a 22 inch flat lsc and love it.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How To Troubleshoot [ 2 Answers ]

How do I troubleshoot a electrical problem with a car stereo going out after installation? Turn a corner and it went out would that mean it's a fuse? How do I check the fuse for the radio?:confused:

Photocontrol yard light [ 3 Answers ]

We had a big snow storm last month and since then I have been having problems with my photocontrol yard light. At first I had to reset it everyday in order for it to turn on in the evening and out in the morning. Then the light would not turn on when I tried to reset it. I purchased a new bulb and...

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

How to troubleshoot turn signal light on 2002 Ford Explorer Sports Trac [ 2 Answers ]

Right turn signal in rear is not working. Replaced bulb but didn't help and fuse is good. Any ideas as to what is going on?

How do I troubleshoot a light fixture that burns out bulbs too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently run into several cases where a fixture was burning out its bulbs in a matter of weeks, or even days. In one case, I was told that swapping the 60 watt bulb for a 15 watt bulb made it last significantly longer. I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot these cases. Where do...

View more questions Search