Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rohith_mba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 10:03 AM
    1099, w2, c2c, corp2hire
    Hi All...

Can I know what does 1099, w2, c2c, corp2hire mean?

Please send me your valuabe answers now...

Your soon reply will be appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 11:23 AM
    The first two are US federal tax forms/documents.

I have no clue what c2c means but find various meanings for it on the net.

... I find next to nothing for the term "corp2hire". I'll guess it has specific meaning to the company that uses it.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rohith
    not a relevant answer
    Sorry that I could only answer two of the 4. Good luck to you.
    Sriniadira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
    A W2 hire by a company is a direct permanent hire and W2 refers to the IT form that is filled out by the company and handed over to the employee when its time to file the taxes for the year.

A 1099 is also a an IT form like the W2 that is used by direct contractors - i.e. not by those who are going thru' consulting companies. The 1099 is given to the direct contractor by the company that uses his or her services.

C2C is basically the sub-contractor format of hire where a comp routes the hire thru' a consulting company and a retainer or a certain amount of money, often called the "contracted amt" , is given by the company to the consulting company. The consulting company would be paying its employee who works for the company, an amount after deducting taxes,its rate of profit for the contract and any other legal charges. Essentially, the employee is an employee of the consulting comp and he or she will get a W2 from the consulting company

Thanks,

Srini
    puja mishra Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 03:13 PM
    1099 in this employee had to pay the tax
    w2 in this employer will pay the tax of employee
    c2c parent country nation will pay all the tax

Jan 26, 2010, 03:14 PM

What is h1b . l1 .l2 visa

Jan 26, 2010, 03:15 PM
    For canadian mexican which visa is required

Jan 26, 2010, 03:17 PM

What is SSN

Jan 26, 2010, 03:17 PM
    HOW much is the basic % of consultancy
    [email protected] Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2010, 07:21 AM

@ PUJA

H1B visa: Best form of visa for a foreigner. Your company has to apply for it, but it's easily transferable to another company after the facts. It lasts 3 years, renewable once (6 years total). It is subjected to yearly quotas, and very sought for. Application period starts in April, and if successful you should get the actual visa by October.

Visa required for Canadian/Mexican: While citizenship may matter to some extent, I don't think it does for visas that come w/ a work permit.

SSN : Social Security Number
    L1/2 visa: It's a manager visa, it implies you've been working for your company for at least a year OUTSIDE the US, and that you're specific expertise is now needed there. Your company still applies for it, but the process is faster because it's not subjected to any quota. HOWEVER the visa is tied to you contract w/ the company. Duration varies (I've seen 1 year length L1), but I believe you can make it as long as an H1 (eg, 3 + 3).
    raghavan.egb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 02:02 PM
    1099: The candidate will pay the tax.
    W2: The company who hired the candidate will pay the tax.
    C2C: This is corporation to corporation. The candidate will work for any company with C2C basic terms.
    Alx5150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 11:14 PM
    Gentlemen & Ladies:

CTH: Contract-to-Hire, basically a temp employee that will end up as a hire (payroll employee) over time

Canadian & Mexican nationals apply for the same type of visas of any foreigner but also had the option to go for a TN Visa (based on the north-america-free-trade-agreement), this particular visa kind of behaves like a L1/2 Visa because the process is very fast and it's not subjected to any quota but it's issued for one year at a time with no renewal limit

Thanks

Alex G.
    harishnidumolu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2012, 10:40 AM
    TN status... googling this keyword may fetch you da r8 answer... dan my description

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C2c jobs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I am searching for Oracle corp2corp jobs in US. Please help!

1099-g and 1099-int [ 8 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am following this forum for last couple of months. It is a very good source of tax information. I am non-resident alien from India. I was on F1 (OPT) from Jan 06, 2005 to Nov 30, 2005. My H1B status started on Dec 01, 2005. I am filing 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843. I have received...

1099-g and 1099-int [ 1 Answers ]

HI ATE, Thank you for reply. I always thought that 1099-INT (Interest income) from non-business activity such as savings/checking account interest, deposit receipt interest or anything that comes under category 1099-INT is exempt for non-residents and should not reflect on 1040NR-EZ. What do...

1099-c [ 3 Answers ]

I have already received my refund for this year. After receiving my refund, I received a 1099-C form. I took it to my tax account and she said that the $65,340.71 in box 2 (it also listed interest in box 3 $9577.90), that I would have to pay taxes on, which is $14,000. I told her, isn’t my ex...

US Requirements-client,vendor,C2C,W-2,1099 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi This is sailajachanna have taken MBA in HR. Currently I am into Job search for the position as IT Recruiter for an International consultancy. I need the information regarding the following; 1. Who is a client 2. Who is Vendor 3. What is C2C

View more questions Search