Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Uploading files-- I feel like an idiot, but...
    Can't learn unless you ask-- I can't upload files (word, text, etc... ) into a web site- or anywwhere - have to use copy and paste --- hassle because some will only take keyboard (cntrl c,. ) , some from file menu up top, some right click. Am very frustrated. PLEASE HELP! --- Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 26, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Generally you can't upload files on a WEB site unless the site owner provides a facility to do so. If the site provides text boxes for input, then you usually have to copy and paste. And yes, some sites accept some but not all the methods for copy/pasting. You may have to use trial and error to determine which ones.

To upload a file will usually involve an Attach or Upload button that allows you to select a file on your system. For example, you can attach certain types of files to a thread here. To do so used the Advanced reply and select Manage Attachments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have I got idiot written on my forehead? [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 25yr old female. Recently went on a (rare) date with a guy. Went really well. Had quite a lot in common with him. He said we could go out again. Since, he just makes working late an excuse. Haven't heard from him in a week. Then at weekend, was happy as met a different guy, who gave...

Outlets not working, idiot needs help [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, we have a rather new house (3 years) and one day the outlet on our kitchen island stopped working. I checked the other outlets around the kitchen and found out that there was another one that was not working. After asking around I was told to check the following things in this order:...

Unwanted backup(?) files/"ghost" files [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have been getting these strange files that activate when I open Microsoft word documents. They are like shadow files. And also they appear in My Photo section too. Here is some information I have copied from the property boxes of the files. I have done virus scans on these "ghost"...

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search