Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lo02 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 12:28 PM
    Thick brown dishcharge 2 weeks after my period
    I am 16, sexually active, and have been on birth control for about 4 months now. I was told that if you skip your placebo pills at the end of your pack you won't get a period so one month I did this and my period started anyway. I had already skipped the placebos and continued to take birth control so even though I had already started my period I continued to take them to keep me regular, my period went as normal (besides the fact that it was still going when I was still taking the pill) and after it was supposed to be done I started to get this thick brown discharge. I started my period August 16th and my period usually lasts for about 5 to 6 days so it should have been finished August 21st of the 22nd but once the bleeding stopped the thick brown discharge came and has not gone away and its been a over a week later, and I'm starting to get worried.
    I've heard this discharge is normal but for it to be going on for this long and for the amount to be this substantial is unsettling.
    Any help at all would be extremely appreciated.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 31, 2009, 12:22 PM

Only being on the pill for 4 months is a VERY short amount of time and your body is still adjusting to it (So backup birth control is HIGHLY recommended for at least 6 months).

Skipping your placebo CAN allow you to skip a period, but since your body hasn't adjusted yet, that would probably explain what you experienced. It can stop a period - but its not fool proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown discharge two weeks after my period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have already had my period this month its probably about two weeks after I have had my period and now I am discharging brown stuff. I noticed it after having sex with my boyfriend but it hasn't really seased since. What is it? What do I do?

Brown blood 2 weeks after period [ 1 Answers ]

I am on birth control had normal period 2 week later I went to go to bathroom and fown a good amount of blood in my underwear now I have been bleeding lightly brown blood for tha last 6 days and been cramping and having headaches what could this be ?

Brown Discharge and I don't get my period for another 2 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birthcontrol for almost three years now. For the past I would say 6 months I've had this brown discharge. It doesn't smell and it's ot clump or anything like that. When I went to my yearly check up in oct'08 I told my gyno and she said it was normal. I am just wondering if it's been...

View more questions Search