Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknowne Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Job hunting
    Will the thumbnail the cops put on my name appear if the company I applied for does a background check on me?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2009, 09:15 AM

Hello u:

I don't know what a "thumbnail" is, or where the cops put it. What I DO know is the NCIC computer data base held by the FBI contains any records wherein you were fingerprinted. I don't know if a "thumbnail" includes that. Although, they really only take your fingerprints if you've been arrested or are going through another background check.

There are also different kinds of background checks just like there's different kinds of hamburgers... Depending on how much your employer wants to spend on your background check, will depend on how much it reveals. If you're applying to flip burgers, I don't think you have to worry. If you're applying to the CIA, they're going to find out where you shop for underwear.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi job hunting [ 3 Answers ]

Hi how can I find hotel job in denmark I can not find the Google help me

Job hunting [ 2 Answers ]

What are some good job hunting tips in today's market?

Job Hunting [ 13 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have to find work and am on probation, Worried no on will hire me. Where do I start. Are there certain types of jobs that hire people like me. Thanks

Job hunting [ 1 Answers ]

I really need a job. I need to the money to save up for college Where is the best place to get a job a 16?

Job hunting at 47 [ 2 Answers ]

I live in CT and have some problems in my job search. How do you combat issues such as: I took 8 yrs off from FT work to work only PT jobs to raise family (I worked consistently for 13 yrs prior) & then, after a divorce in 2000, was unemployed for 1 1/2 yrs (God only knows how I survived that) due...

View more questions Search