Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dillinger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:45 AM
    Leaves In Toilet/Bathtub
    Hello,

Yesterday I had a plumber unclog my main line as my bathtub and toilet would fill up with water backflow whenever we would wash dishes, do laundry, etc.

The water that was backflowing had a significant amount of leaves in it, and I am wondering what would be causing this. My guess is that it is coming from the city sewers, but I am far from being educated when it comes to plumbing...

If so, do I have have grounds for recourse against my city's water and waste department? If not, what else could be causing this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2006, 07:55 AM
    I don't believe the leaves are coming from the city sewer. It's more likely the leaves got into your system through the roof vents. Are there a lot of trees on your property? Regards, Tom
    Dillinger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    I don't believe the leaves are coming from the city sewer. It's more likely the leaves got into your system through the roof vents. Are there a lot of trees on your property? Regards, Tom
    Thanks for responding.

I wouldn't say I have a lot of trees, but I do have a couple of very big, mature trees that are naturally losing all of their leaves now that winter is coming. So that is a definite possibility.

If the roof vents (I think I only have 1, is that possible?) are indeed the problem, would it be just as simple as putting some screening over the top?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 26, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Hey John (Dillinger) sorry! I couldn't resist.

Most folks screen the vents to keep out critters but screening works for leaves also. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Peach curl in leaves [ 2 Answers ]

What can a person use to get rid of peach curl? In the ground and on the leaves? Any Home remedies?

Bathtub Gurgles and SMELLS when Toilet Flushed [ 2 Answers ]

When the toilet is flushed, the bathtub starts gurgling and the smell from the bathroom is terrible. I used a snake for some time, but it seemed to spin fine, the gurgle is maybe a little quieter, but didn't go away. Help... my house smells! -Eric

Noise in bathtub when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

For the past five flushes, when I flush my toilet, I hear noises coming from my bathtup drain. The bathtup is next to the toilet. It sounds like water is being drained from the bathtub pipe. What would cause this?

Cucumber leaves turn white after germination [ 0 Answers ]

Why do the leaves of cucumber plants turn white after the palnt germinates?

View more questions Search