Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjustinia Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Gap/void between subfloor and hardwood floor
    Please delete, wrong section

Check out some similar questions!

Hardwood floor thickness on second floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace carpet with new hardwood floor on my second floor of single family house. I found a nice wood that I like in Lumber Liquidators. It's a 5/16" Brazilian Golden Teak wood which is very strong and looks great. This is in the affordable range($3-4/sq.ft) and so I ordered the...

Floor not level for hardwood floor? [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing 3/4 hardwood flooring and one room is not level most of floor is about 1/4 inch and one spot is about 1/2'' off. What is the best and for me the fastest way to level floor. I was told build up with wood then use a compound that won't crack when nails are pounded through hard wood....

How to transition hardwood floor to carpet/tile on a slab floor [ 1 Answers ]

We installed new hardwood flooring on our slab floor, it is a floating floor. How do we transition to tile and carpet? Do we need to glue the transitions down?

Subfloor for hardwood on slab [ 9 Answers ]

I have a ranch house on a slab that sits above grade and has no apparent moisture problems. I want to install hardwood floors (t&g cherry) in the entry, dining and living rooms and tile in the kitchen and bath. What is the best subfloor to install? Professionals have suggested (1) paint-on water...

Subfloor?underlayment for tile floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a bathroom and have replaced some rotten subflooring (1 x 12 planks). Now I want to install a tile floor. Should I affix cementboard directly to my subfloor or do I need a layer of plywood? Should I use mortar to attach the cementboard to the subfloor/plywood? Thanks!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.