Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 29, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Missing Cleets/ sharing a locker
    OK... I need opinions... please...

My son and two other boys were sharing a locker during football practice two a days. They weren't really keeping much in it before they got their equipment, just their street shoes and phones, IPODS etc. while they were practicing. They made it a full week and four days without a problem. Friday of the first week they received their equipment and put it in the locker using one of the students locks. My son wanted to start leaving his cleets in his locker along with his pads etc. everyday so he asked me if I would buy a lock so he didn't have to share anymore. So on Monday he brought his own lock, but the student that owned the lock they had been using didn't come to practice. Tuesday the kid was again a no-show they had the janitors cut the lock on Tuesday because the other boys were unable to practice without their stuff. My son then replaced the cut lock with the lock I had purchased for him. Wed. no problem, Thursday no problem. Friday of the last week none of the boys went to practice because my son was sick and the other boys didn't arrange their own ride aned frankly were too lazy to walk.

Ss this morning, Saturday they had a scrimmage. They got to school and realized the lock was open. The only thing missing out of all three boys, helmets, pads etc. Is the one students cleets that hadn't been coming to practice.

Nobody mentioned anything to me about it as I was dropping them off at home. Not during the scrimmage, not on the way home.

I get around the corner from dropping the child off and my sons phone rings. It's the child's mother. She says "Let me speak to your Mom". I'm really thinking, wow, I have never heard from her before it is really nice of her to call. She must be calling me to thank me for giving her son a ride to and from school for the last two weeks.

Instead what I hear is"
    "This is... so and so and I'm child x's mother. I'm calling because your son had the lock cut one day when my son didn't go to practice and my son's cleets were stollen and I feel that your son is responsible for replacing the lock and the cleets... " <---in her most ghetto way...

AMHD...
    What is your take on this..?
    Where does the responsibility lie..
    PS.
    I am on my way to go buy my son another lock and he will give the lock that he is currently sharing with them to the kid that had the original lock that had been cut by the janitors so that he will have his own lock that no one else knows the code to.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 01:49 PM

If the lock was cut off and then immediately replaced, you're not responsible for anything other then a new lock to replace the one that was damaged. Having said that, all the boys would have to pitch in for the new lock because they all needed access to their equipment, which is why the lock was cut off to begin with.

Did you find out why the locker was open? Did one of the boys open it and forget to re-lock it?

If that's the case, the only way your son would be responsible is if he's the one that opened the locker and didn't re-lock it. At least that's my take on it. ;)

Aug 29, 2009, 01:59 PM

Thank you for your response Altenweg. I was steaming when this women called. The audacity. REALLY?
    The locker was never without a lock. When the lock was cut it was immediately replaced by the new one I bought my son. My son and the other student were at the parent night on Thursday and had both been in the locker. They stated that everything was in the locker then. Nothing missing.

It is difficult to determine who was at the locker last. The boy with the missing cleets nor his mother where at the parent night. His cleets were the oldest out of the group were on the bottom of the locker.

My sons cleets were brand new, purchased about 20 days ago and within one half size of the other boys. Im really at a loss as to why soemone would choose to steal the oldest ones in the locker.?
    What's with parents these days? I am so offended by the way she chose to handle this.

Sep 11, 2009, 09:16 PM

Interesting update... the cleets miraculously appeared in an unlocked locker. Who found them? The child himself... suspicous?. I think so.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2009, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat View Post
    interesting update... the cleets miraculously appeared in an unlocked locker. Who found them? the child himself...suspicous?.... I think so.
    Ah, looks like maybe junior wanted new cleets and when stealing them didn't work they miraculously reappeared.

Suspicious indeed. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cute Locker Ideas [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is claire and im looking for really cute locker ideas. My theme is brown and pink and i was wondering if i could but black and pink poka dot wrapping paper up on the inside. Any thing that you think could be cool just add. Thnx! Oh and the pink is like this text.

What do you do if you forget your locker combination? [ 19 Answers ]

What do you do if you forget your locker combination and you are late to your next class?

Locker room [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker-function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen. MAN: "Hello." WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?" MAN: "Yes." WOMAN: "I am...

A candy box in my locker. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, today morning I open my locker and see a box full of candy... Apparently it was someone who knew my combination... What the heck was that supposed to mean? Is it some kind of joke? I cannot name one person in my school who would like me more than a friend. I didnīt open the candy box, but I...

Does a locker slam? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: does a locker slam when there is none around to here it

View more questions Search