Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deadbones13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Does black hole really exsist ?
    science books tell us that black holes are real
    If then , where is it and what actually is it?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Aug 29, 2009, 03:54 PM

Yes, there is very strong scientific evidence that Black Holes exist. They are hard to detect because their gravitational field is so strong that light cannot escape. This is why they appear black. Good evidence can be found for a black hole if it happens to be near a companion star.
    One can see matter being drawn off the companion and large amounts of radiation being created.
    There is no ONE BLACK HOLE. It would be impossible to know how many black holes actually exist because they are hard to detect. There is also the fact that they are being created and according to Hawking, evaporating.

There is probably a Black Hole at the centre of our Galaxy and there is another one in the vicinity of the Large Magellanic Cloud
    jinxprotocol Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2009, 10:29 AM

TUT317 is spot-on.

Black holes happen to occur when a star - a star much bigger than, say, our own sun - collapses. It collapses because the gravitational force is stronger than the weakening counterbalancing energy/nuclear output, which causes an implosion of immense proportions.

See, stars have only enough energy to last for a limited period, sometimes only hundreds of millions of years. After the star has expended all of its energy, it implodes in on itself.
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 12:27 PM
    But here is a really hard concept to grasp.
    There is evidence suggesting that there are decillions of black holes on Earth right now.
    Luckilly, they are reallly, really small.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Oct 4, 2009, 07:33 PM
    I have to admit I'm not aware of that theory. If they are really tiny then they would probably evaporate very quickly.

Have you got any more info on tiny black holes? I do remember something about the Large Hadron Collider and the possibility of it creating tiny black holes
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 05:39 PM

This theory is still being explored, even today.
    I would either Google or watch the history channel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny, deep hole in my leg, size of a pore with black in it that doesn't come out. [ 2 Answers ]

Ive had this thing on my leg for at least 6 months or more. I can't remember anything happening where it is, so it isn't a result of picking or anything. It's not a black head. It doesn't raise above my skin, it's flat and pretty much just looks like a pencil mark at first. But it's a hole. I've...

The Black Hole of political correctness [ 24 Answers ]

Have you heard the one about the Dallas mayor daring to use the term "black hole?" See the rest of the column here. Call me nostalgic, but I think it would be sweet for the next similar PC victim to refuse to apologize when they've done nothing wrong. I'd give them a standing-O. Aside...

Does True love exsist at grade 8? [ 3 Answers ]

I believe it does. This might be a question, since I want to here others input on this. I have had friends that have liked a girl in grade 8, the girl like them back, and them date all the way to high school, college/university, and they are now planning their wedding. For some it may not exist, ...

The Black Hole [ 6 Answers ]

Ive always wondered about black holes. I know that it is a region of space in which the gravitational field is so powerful that nothing can escape after having fallen past the event horizon, not even light. Does anyone know anything else, because I am so curious about it!:p

View more questions Search