Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toddman Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 11:59 PM
    How do you get in a relationship
    3 threads merged.
    Well to start I'm 16 years old(male), I really like this one girl that I am kindof friends, and I haven't told her my true feelings for her because of the fact that she has a boyfriend and she's been datin him for about 1 year. I really like her but I don't know if I should tell her my true feelings for her or not.
    busy_bee Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2009, 04:42 AM
    Personally, I don't think thst it's appropriate to say anything while she has a boyfriend. It's not fair to her, her boyfriend or their relationship.

I can relate to your situation. I had very strong feelings for a guy I worked with for the past year. He had a girlfriend that he broke up with in March - I did not do anthing while they were together: I went out with other guys, I got on with things. However, recently we talked and well, are now happily together.

So my main message - don't say anything to her, move on, go out with other people. You never know, some day you may end up with her, or you may find somebody you like even more on the way.
    Mimerio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2009, 10:57 AM

I suggest moving on, you don't want to ruin their relationship. I also recommend trying someone else. It will be hard but I am positive that you will let her live her life and you live yours.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 12:57 PM

You can like whoever you want but if you see they are involved with someone then it is time for you to have some respect for their relationship and back off.

Also, all because you like her doesn't means she likes you in the same way.

Take the focus off her and find someone else because I am sure you don't want her boyfriend coming after you because I am sure she will tell him you like her. Especially if you say something.

May 31, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    You can like whoever you want but if you see they are involved with someone then it is time for you to have some respect for their relationship and back off.

Also, all because you like her doesn't means she likes you in the same way.

Take the focus off of her and find someone else because I am sure you don't want her boyfriend comming after you because I am sure she will tell him you like her. Especially if you say something.
    I know I should move on but like there is no one else that I like and like no one else likes me
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2009, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toddman View Post
    i know i should move on but like there is no one else that i like and like no one else likes me
    There are 3 billion of them. Look harder. If none of them like you, learn to like yourself and suddenly they will start popping out of nowhere.

May 31, 2009, 05:45 PM
    I hate being single
    I'm 16 years old(male) I have not had a girlfriend. I moved to a new state last August and since then I felt kind of lonely, one cause I miss my friends and 2 cause I don't have a girl. I know there are like thousands of girl in my school that I could go out with but like none that I have really come to like, like most of the time I start liking a girl she ends up having a boy friend already. (I'm in a situation like that right now to). Like why hasn't love happened for me yet. And like people say all the time she will come when the time is right but why hasn't that time come yet?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 31, 2009, 05:58 PM

It's hard being a teen. It seems like everyone else is always ahead of you, doing things you aren't, but you're not alone.

It will happen, when, I don't know, but it will.

Do you want a girlfriend just to have a girlfriend or would you rather wait until someone special comes along?

Just go out, have fun, meet people, put yourself out there.

You're only 16, plenty of time to fall in love.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2009, 06:03 PM

Yep know what you mean

At 16 try just dating, at 16 it was a different girl every weekend for months till that special one came around
    Fru5tr4t3d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Best thing you could do is go and buy a book called The Game, by Neill Strauss.
    I personally could have done with that book when I was your age, and by the time I read it I was already in a loving relationship (with a few behind me as well!).

I read it, and as soon as I was finished I lent it to a friend who was very frustrated at the same thing (although he was older than you). Within a week of finishing it he'd managed to score.

Happy reading - it'll be eye-opening!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2009, 08:45 AM

I don't agree with the above poster, never put stock into a book about dating. One especially that is called "the game" relationships/dating aren't games. Just enjoy yourself and getting to know some new people, I know you just moved but make some new friends and possibly some girls and head out on the weekends
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2009, 09:45 AM

Don't look for love, just love them all, until one hits your fancy. It a lot of more fun, and a great way to make female friends (who have friends! ).

Another thing is get involved with more than just the females, as the whole thing about being 16, is all the activities, and adventures you can have, that have nothing to do with love, and romance.

The most attractive people are those that are just happy with life, and not just hunting for a hook up, just to have someone.
    Sphira Posts: 72, Reputation: 6

Jun 1, 2009, 09:22 PM
    Not to say you have a bad piont of veiw on life but come on single is awsome I really wanted a boyfriend but when I had one I felt like everything was I don't know um... for one person I suppose bu when your young and single its like being free you can go to school get educated go to the shops muck around with your mates that someone that your looking for is just a plus in life not a necessity
    biversen Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2009, 08:22 PM

Im 16 too and I haven't had a boyfriend but don't stress about it. I mean there are trillions of girls out there and just because you haven't found the right girl yet, doesn't mean you won't. Believe me, you have a whileeee to look.
    WATT Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2009, 12:02 PM

Enjoy your free time cause someday you'll meet someone you really like and although you'll be in a beautiful relationship most of your free time will get lost.

A relationship can be stressful and hard too.

So unless you REALLY TOTALLY like someone don'\t get into a relationship.
    TJ17 Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 7, 2009, 03:46 PM

Buy a Puppy!... at least u won't be lonely. ;)

Jun 11, 2009, 07:15 PM

Thank you all for you good advice, but and now hers another thing, I still haven't told her yet, but like this summer when school gets out (june 15th) I'm going to miss her, and I don't even know why I'm going to miss her..
    But like would it matter if I ask her to hang out with me sometime during the summer even though she still has the boy?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2009, 07:18 PM

Boyfriend = unavailable, no matter what way or how you ask.

You need to leave her alone, you like her, so friendship is not a good option.
    MoodsterMan Posts: 38, Reputation: 5
    -

Jun 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
    Well to start out im 16 years old(male), i really like this one girl tht i am kindof friends, and i havent told her my true feelings for her because of the fact that she has a boyfriend and shes been datin him for about 1 year. i really like her but i dont know if i should tell her my true feelings for her or not.
    Boyfriend = Back Off

There are billions of chicks in the world, choose one of them who isn't in a relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 07:59 PM
    thank you all for u good advice, but and now hers another thing, i still havent told her yet, but like this summer when school gets out (june 15th) im going to miss her, and i dont even know why im going to miss her..?
    but like would it matter if i ask her to hang out with me sometime during the summer even though she still has the boy?
    Yes it matters. She has a boyfriend. Dude, you need more things in your life besides a female who is busy with her guy. Get your own girl for chrissake.:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship [ 4 Answers ]

I Got into a Relationship with a Girl about 7 months ago... from the start people try to break us up and wanted me to move back in with my father... She was hearing this all over town and even had one person tell her that I should be sleeping with my ex instead of her... three weeks ago she made a...

What is in a relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

I been with the same man almost an year and half. When he in a bad move he text me and say its over but most of my time is just give him space to think. The last break up I had with him was on February 14, 2009 and I did not see him or talk to him 1 month later he say he miss me and still in love...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

How Do I Fix My Relationship [ 8 Answers ]

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year now, and things have been good until now. First let me lay down the basics when we first met and all that. We both met online and set up a date and saw each other, and we both really liked each other. There was one thing she didn't like,...

View more questions Search