Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    POSHA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Where is my love
    Im a young woman who has never been in a satisfying relationship in terms of love and happiness. I attract all the wrong guys and because of this, I get desperate and go for any guy who is interested in me. Most of the time they just want sex. Why can't I find love
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2006, 06:34 AM
    My moto is :-
    When you search for love you will hardly find it, But if you don't look for love, it will then appear right in front of you ;)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 26, 2006, 06:48 AM
    The bad news is its likely something you are doing--its bad only because we never enjoy learning that we are making a mistake but hey it happens, we are human.

The good news is its likely something you are doing--LOL its actually very good news since it means you can do something about it. Yipee! And it sounds like you are interested in that part so good for you too.

Without much detail in your post, I could only guess about specifics. But people do give off very subtle vibes that are able to influence such things, Also where they hang out, how they present themselves, what they think of themselves -- all this factors in.

Sometimes we get a chip on our shoulders too, a "thang" I call it and it will literally filter out the good stuff and only let in the bad, thereby making us gloat about being so right even if it means we are unhappy, as crazy as that sounds.

Look yourself over a bit and see if you can find anything you are doing that just might resemble any of this. If you do, then get to work making a mini make over on you!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 26, 2006, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by POSHA
    ...I get desperate and go for any guy who is interested in me...
    Acting out of desperation often leads to a bad situation.

A good starting point would be to try and determine why you "get desperate" for a guy.
    Perhaps you are holding on to some belief that compells you to act desperately, or maybe you just don't want to be alone.

People can be very complex in their "internal rules" about what is or is not "okay" for them. You might really believe that "if I am not married by age X, it's over for me" - and do "whatever it takes" to get married. You might believe that as long as you allow a guy to use you (say for sex), you won't have to be alone - so you tolerate a bad relationship (or bad sex!) just to not be alone. Both of these are examples of how holding on to some arbitrary belief - real or imagined - can make you feel like you are "desperate".

I would bet that you have no reason to be desperate - You've probably just settled for whatever was the fastest or flashiest offer that came along for you recently.
    puppetkicks Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 12:56 AM
    Just stop looking and do your own thing and he will come to you. I don't think your doing anything wrong maybe they are just too immature to be a good man and don't try too hard. Maybe when you do find the rite guy, slow down, put sex on the back burner, and see if he sticks around anyway.
    christy9800 Posts: 59, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by POSHA
    Im a young woman who has never been in a satisfying relationship in terms of love and happiness. I attract all the wrong guys and because of this, I get desperate and go for any guy who is interested in me. Most of the time they just want sex. Why can't I find love
    I agree w/KRS. It seems like once your not looking, it will come looking for you. I don't know how old u are, but evendently young enough to give it some time. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When someone says they love me; what do they really mean? [ 10 Answers ]

Do people know what love really is? When you speak the words to another "I Love You". Is it sincere?? I don't know how it feels to be truly loved by someone. I would not know what the feeling is like. I have attempted to exude love to others, but when you have expectations of having that same...

I'm still in love with my ex [ 10 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up 2 years ago in March, although we did not fight before we broke up, it became very messy for a while after we broke up. Eventually I told him I never wanted to speak to him again, however I now regret saying this and have never stopped loving him. He has taken my...

What is love? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm confused I don't what I feel for him, so I have some question.. What is love? How you tell if you really love that person and is not just a crush? What's a crush? How can you tell if he's the right one?

Saying I Love you... [ 23 Answers ]

The closer Pete and I get the more I fall for him. I have wanted to say "I love you" to him for a couple of weeks now. It nearly came out last night but I stopped myself. He has told me he misses me when I go home at night and I told him I felt the same, he has also told me I am the best...

Does he still love me?please help [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex brokeup about 3 months ago and after we broke up when ever I saw him he would just stare at me and one time he almost wreaked his bike when he saw me drive by. And all mine and his friends say he still loves me he is just shy on how to tell me because of the way I will act towards it...

View more questions Search