Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    POSHA Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 06:08 AM
    Im losing my life
    Im a first year student at a university in South Africa. I was one of the top hundred stundents last year in high school for the whole region. Now I keep on going down. I have lost my passion for school and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I know I want to start a business but I don't know which kind.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 26, 2006, 06:13 AM
    This is called still growing up, it is important to set goals, part of that is to adapt to new learning situations

And while you learn in college you discover your interest and learn more about what you may want to do.

Then you take time, work in that industry and find out if that is truly what you want to do
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Oct 26, 2006, 08:23 AM
    It is not uncommon for students that "didn't have to try" academically in high school find university quite an academic challenge. The memorize and regurgitate pattern of academic achievement usually ends at Grade 12. Analysis and interpretation is often the emphasis at university level classes - and professors tend to challenge you rather than give you the benefit of the doubt.

Like the Father says above - University is a time of growing up. Use this time to grow - spiritually, socially, and academically.
    accord93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 06:02 PM
    When goals are interupted or even stopped, we loose focus, a sense of direction, and even get mad. (If I was you I would get Mad at life).
    That's normal. It's our reaction. But what we do with the dilema is what matters. Do we let it swallow us or do we come on top. For me the Bible helps me keep my focus and the things around me in perspective; that even if everything around me fails God's promises to me will still remain. For example
    "For i know the thoughts that i think towards you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." check it out yourself. Read psalm see its true. GOd will establish all your desires.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Oct 28, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Find your passion, ask yourself questions such as "Am I a thinker or a technical hands on type", take time to ponder then once youv'e decided go for it and never give up, to be successful do those things that others either won't do or can't do, think "outside the box" as the saying goes, but most of all don't ponder forever, take action either right or wrong, hopefully the right actions most of the time, you will make mistakes, but the greatest detriment to the majority of people is not acting.
    geekwithguitar Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2006, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by POSHA
    Im a first year student at a university in South Africa. I was one of the top hundred stundents last year in high school for the whole region. Now I keep on going down. I have lost my passion for school and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I know I want to start a business but I don't know which kind.
    Hi I am new to this thing but here is something that might be able to help you out. In life we will not always be sure of what we want to become and where we are going. As long as you check out the opportunities that spark your interests and explore them then you will be able to narrow down what business you might want to create.

I am a 3 year University student at the University of Windsor in Ontario Canada. I have come to realize that what goals you set for yourself might not always be accomplished because of situational factors that you might not take into account because at the moment of interest, the goal seems like an amazing feat and you want to run head first and achieve it.

My suggestion is to lay out your options in front of you and then choose what direction seems most apealing. The job or business you create will not always be exciting and fun because that is life, and life is work. So whatever goal you set for yourself work towards it really hard, and when it seems like the world is not working out the way you want it too after you have applied yourself, possibly you should re-evaluate your position and see if this is the right way to go. But not every decision is going to be concrete.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 Honda Civic losing coolant [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 91 honda civic, 1.5 L and 149K miles on it. Last week I just noticied a high engine temperature and so I stopped and check the coolant and it was empty and so do the radiator. I immediately bought a 50/50 coolant and filled the radiator and filled the coolant tank between max...

I am losing interest! [ 3 Answers ]

I posted about a girl I care about earlier. Maybe it isn't love, but I have sacrificed a lot for her. Anyway, I didn't do anything out of the way to her and she seems to be falling away from me. She seems to bore me now. How do I spark back up the relationship. I don't want to loose her. ...

Memory Sticks Losing IT (and so am I) [ 10 Answers ]

Hey Guys, Got a problem that none of the computer whizzes that I know can figure out. I have two 512 Meg memory sticks in my memory bays. Some times They both run at 512 a piece but lately one has dropped down to 32 megs from 512 to over a few days time in 64 MB jumps. The other went down...

Losing it! [ 7 Answers ]

I have two young sons, 3 & 7. I am married, but my husband is seldom home. He works constantly so he doesn't have to deal w/the responsibility of raising the kids. To say they are WILD would be an understatement. They have NO respect for me or the limits I try to set and enforce. Every day is...

Dachshund losing teeth - 11yrs. Old [ 3 Answers ]

A couple of months ago, our 11 yr. old male mini dachshund had an infection in the gum around one of his back teeth. It was causing terrible breath, but the vet put him on antibiotics and it went away in a couple of days. The past couple of days we have noticed the odor again, and had planned to...

View more questions Search