Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    09CM1506 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 08:06 PM
    I was wrongfully arrested for criminal damage to property
    What happens if I've been wrongfully arrested?

I was arrested for criminal damage to property, in which was off top a felony charge since the damage was "greater than 300 dollars" but, when I went to my bond hearing, the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor of "less than 300 dollars" what gives?

I've been to my pre-trial hearing, and my Public Defender told me that if I take this to trial, I could be tried under the felony charges

My restitution and fines total somewhere in the thousand dollar range, but the fact of the matter is, my friend, who actually did the crime, did not speak up in court and subsequently made me take ALL of the fines, he got none and he got arrested too

I have 30 days to change my mind on the plea deal
    Either I wait this year and a half out on court supervision and pay the fine, which I shouldn't have to
    Or risk going to trial and being convicted wrongfully
    I'm confused on what to do, please help
    flayvur Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Aug 28, 2009, 08:25 PM

Don't call him or her your friend. Friends don't do stuff like that. No, the question is did you know what was going down. If you did then your just as much to blame as your friend is and both of you'll should have been charged. If you didn't then the hell if I'd take the rap for anyone. You need to seriously find some better friends. I would let my so called friend know if I'm going down for this then so are you.

Sep 3, 2009, 11:41 PM

I had no clue that it went on, I was asleep during the time that I was allegedly damaging the property, the witness knew that there was two people, a real tall person, which was the one who got arrested with me, and somebody else in black pants, I just so happened to be wearing black pants, even though they had a million different colors on them that are all bright as . But its whatever. Basically I got charged on some hearsay bull and the person who got arrested with me told me he was going to tell the judge I had nothing to do with it, but he lied, he told me because he didn't want to give up the person he was actually with because he also has an extensive criminal background

Sep 3, 2009, 11:45 PM
    What's the worst that can happen
    If I don't pay this criminal damage to property fine by the time they want me to, obviously I'll go to jail, any idea as to how long

Or how can I make it so I don't have to pay a fine, can I trade jailtime?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 06:01 AM
    Hello 0:

Of course I don't know for how long. I don't know what you damaged, how much they want you to pay for it, and whether you're a 6 time loser...

If you want help, please explain just a tad bit better.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 09CM1506 View Post
    i have 30 days to change my mind on the plea deal either i wait this year and a half out on court supervision and pay the fine, which i shouldnt have to
    or risk going to trial and being convicted wrongfully
    im confused on what to do, please help
    Hello again, 0:

If you're not guilty, don't plead guilty. They have to PROVE it was you, and if it wasn't, they're not going to be able to do that.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2009, 12:48 PM

Please post all the info in one thread.

Should be combined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Damage to Property: Charge reduced? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of a nasty divorce. On April 1 my built-up anger and rage exploded in me doing damage to my soon-to-be-exhusband's condo. I put a few dents in a wall with a shoe, made a dent in the vinyl flooring in his kitchen, wrecked a TV by pulling it from the wall, and pulled 3 screens off...

Criminal Damage to property 2nd [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm new at this but I have a question.. I have been convicted of Criminal Damage to Property in the 2nd degree and got 5 years probation for it, and $1,277 in fines but there was 2 juveniles involved and they haven't went to court yet.. if they are convicted or plead guilty to the charges they...

Arrested - No Criminal Record [ 4 Answers ]

If a person was arrested and in the end, did not receive a criminal record, is that person still bondable? Will the arrest show up when a security check is done on that person? This relates to law in Ontario, Canada.

Little help please - criminal damage to property [ 8 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

View more questions Search