Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonkon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
    Its about english
    Q:fill in the blank.Salaries must be ________ if we are to remain competitive.a)ascended b) increased c)escalated d) risen
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
    What do you think the answer is? We are not allowed to do your homework for you, but we are willing to help you.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 28, 2009, 03:49 PM

Equivalent?
    Works better than A) B) or C)
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 03:50 PM
    Please read this...

Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    -

Aug 28, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Do your own homework
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    do your own homework
    Does not matter. The administrators of the site do not allow us to do homework. PErIOD!
    -

Aug 28, 2009, 04:14 PM

Sorry j-9 I edited
    Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    sry j-9 i edited
    I noticed.
    -

Aug 28, 2009, 04:23 PM

jonkon?

What have YOU come up with?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Hi, jonkon!

It's correct that we don't do homework for people here. If we were to simply give the answers to the student without the student knowing why the answers were correct, how would that be helping the student to learn?

Yes, you do need to following the rules as to how to ask homework questions on this site. This site isn't some sort of supercomputer where a person simply plugs in the questions to get answers.

Everyone who answers questions here is a volunteer. We do this on our own, free time. Many of us are teachers or have been teachers. Would you expect your teacher to simply give you the answers?

How about you answer the questions first and explain why you think that the answers that you give are correct. If you do that, you'll be likely to have someone knowledgeable come along who'll be willing to discuss with you why your answers are correct or not. It would be better for your learning if you did things that way.

I for one, would love to help you! But, please do put what you think is the correct answer first and why you think that it's the correct answer. I taught for many years in public and private schools.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Non english letters on an english keyboard? [ 17 Answers ]

I would like to put these characters, or this picture, into my signature (it says Ayla) but since pictures are not allowed in signatures, how do I make these characters with an american keyboard, if its even possible? Or could someone make them into a text for me here on the thread, and I'm...

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

View more questions Search